New 360 Modena owner - Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum
Ferrari Forum Ferrari Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum > Ferrari Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ferrari-Talk.com is the premier Ferrari Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New 360 Modena owner

Hi All- New to the world of the wonderful Ferrari. Just picked up a 2002 with 13k miles on Friday. Never thought I would own a Ferrari but the opportunity presented itself on a trade for another car I owned so I figured why not?

So far, my initial impressions are that the car is pretty incredible. It has the F1 Transmission which is the only thing I am not yet crazy about, would have preferred a manual, but I am sure I will learn to love it as time goes on. Very comfortable car to drive, the sound is AMAZING (coming from muscle cars) and I could actually see using this as a daily driver which I was unable to do with my Muscle Cars. It is a very easy car to drive and inspires confidence.

I am very much looking forward to learning all about this beautiful machine and all of the wonderful things that go along with Ferrari ownership. I have much to learn and am very excited about it.

The car is off to the Dealer tomorrow for service which I know will include an oil change, I believe a Cam Belt which was last done 600 miles ago but has been 4 years since, either a new clutch or just an adjustment and whatever else they find that needs to be done. All part of the deal when I got the car that this would be included and anything it needed would be completed, regardless of how big or small.

The only thing I know of that is wrong with the car is the typical melted buttons which I will have fixed soon enough, the Stereo display is only working when it feels like, which is fine since I have another stereo I would prefer to install anyway and the A/C is not working, actually nothing with the ventilation system is functioning at all. No air comes out of any of the vents regardless of setting.

All in all she is very clean and solid, was a one owner car, has new tires on it which I am about to pull of as I already ordered a set of custom wheels and went to 19/20 combo. Interior is clean except for the melted buttons, body and paint are clean and straight.

Anything I should specifically ask the Ferrari Dealer to check while it is there? I am assuming their techs check it all and the machines they use give them plenty of info to find any issues I have not yet discovered. Any help is appreciated.

I look forward to sharing my frustrations with you, learning from all of you and having fun with the car and the people I meet.

Matt
Dadz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement