|GENERAL FORUM RULES
1. Blatant trolling is not allowed. If you have nothing constructive to offer, DON'T POST!!!
2. Post topics in the appropriate section.
3. No material that is NSFW (Not Safe For Work). This includes posts, avatars & signatures.
* No pornographic or nude pictures, drawings, animations, etc. or links to sites containing such content.
* No pictures, drawings, or animations with an overly sexual connotation; ie. no girls bent over wearing a thong.
* No pictures, drawings, or animations that are graphic in nature; ie. no dead bodies with gruesome injuries.
4. Keep thread titles, signatures and avatars "clean". No profanity.
5. If you feel something negative towards a user/post, please try to state your case in a calm and respectable fashion. Replying to the post just to stir the pot and not offering anything of value is highly frowned upon.
6. Vendor "Discussion/Reviewing/Complaints" are allowed. However, it is not allowed to the point that you can make a post in every thread the vendor participates in to ruin his day, etc. Make your thread in whatever section you feel appropriate, state your case, and be done with it. Harassment will not be tolerated.
* If you do not have vendor status you cannot advertise your products. This includes signatures. If you want to get vendor status, we have the advertise button in the navigation bar or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Post Whoring is against the rules. If you don't have anything constructive to add, don't add anything. Determining what is Post Whoring is at the sole discretion of the administration team.
8. No personal threats, attacks or harassment. This includes pm's, posts and threads.
9. No puppet/smurf accounts. If you share your computer with other members of this forum, please contact a moderator.
10. Signatures are limited to 100KB total (includes all images) for regular members and 600KB total for premium members.
11. Usernames cannot be a URL for your website. If you have already registered, and have a user name that is a URL, please contact an administrator to have it changed to something within the scope of our rules.
Bans will be on a case by case basis determined by the Staff.
Subsection rules will be enforced IN ADDITION to these rules. If a subsection's rule contradicts a site rule, the subsection's rule becomes the one to follow.
We'll delete or close anything at our discretion. If this happens, it happens for a reason, therefore DO NOT bring it back up.
Now that the board is officially supporting Sponsors/Vendors, it is time to put the advertising rules into effect.
1. Advertising from non supporting vendors is not allowed. Period. Do not post a link to your site, link to your business, contact information, pricing, etc. Do not attempt to pimp your wares on the forum.
The forum costs money to run, and until you contribute to the forums, you have no place in using it to promote your own business.
2. Non vendor discussion is allowed, but advertising on behalf of a NSV will not be allowed. Any of the following is considered advertising: posting Links, addresses, emails, phone numbers on behalf of the company. Any other excessive discussion will be deleted at moderators discretion. Deleted posts of this type should be discussed through PMs only and are not to be discussed in the open forum.
The line is thin, and we will use our judgment as to when that line is being crossed.
3. Group buys from supporting vendors are allowed. However, group buys from non supporting vendors (especially on products that our supporting vendors sell) will be heavily frowned upon.
4. Business signatures are not allowed from non supporting vendors. This rule also applies to avatars, listings of homepages, and any other profile information.
It is in your better interest to support your vendors, and in turn, they will be supporting you. This promotes a tight, well supported and funded community which will help promote innovation.
There will be more rules added, for now, I would appreciate it if non supporting vendors would please remove signature images, text, etc. promoting their business.
To become a vendor, email email@example.com for the information.