Collector interested in the details of proper Pedigree - Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum
Ferrari Forum Ferrari Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum > Ferrari Classifieds / Ferrari Buyers Guide
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Ferrari-Talk.com is the premier Ferrari All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Don Renollet (Renindy)

Default Greetings Fellow Enthusiasts,

Greetings Fellow Enthusiasts,

I am looking at a Ferrari for my collection.

But was wondering:

*What is the pedigree checklist? I want it to be 100%*
ie; Correct Original Drivers Manuals, service records. Ownership records. Correct original keyfobs, Factory certificates, etc.
Perhaps such a list already exists here on this fine forum!

Kind Regards,
Don
Indy
(Dreams in Red)

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."
~ T.S. Elliot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alan Leach (Speedy308)

Default Well "Books and Tools"

Well "Books and Tools" is a pretty common sales description......and inventory varies by model and year...

Import info and Factory Certificates are much rarer but can often be reteived with some research.....

Most Important, IMO is the Warranty Service Coupon Book, not so much to verify services, as that can be forged, but the original owner's name, date into service, and sales dealer are invaluable information on the search....

Plenty of dead cars out there to provide generic tools and manuals!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alan Leach (Speedy308)

Default Locate a good car first and th

Locate a good car first and then examine it under a microscope....I'll agree having a complete owner history in the documentation is comforting, the less owner's the better.

I am third owner of one of my 1977 308GTBs
The other 1977 308GTB had more like four, and had a wild ride!

Tax seizure in Canada, auction to sales in Montana, then Florida, then to me in Texas!

Old 01-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Royce Denton (Radenton)

Default Always, Always check the detai

Always, Always check the details and claims. I am in Italy working and just found my car. It has everything in the docs. I chased down the 2 owners, the factory mechanics, the stamps in the logs, crawled under it, opened every panel. Now I am building up the pedigree by taking it to Italian locations, pictures, it's been back to the factory and I'm making friends in the local club. The only piece missing is the pop out piece of the lighter (NP it's a no smoker owned since new). When it arrives in US it will be a true 100% tribute to Enzo. I cannot tell you the thrill of flat out on the Autostrata; a red blurrrr ;-) Be patient and you will find a gem. Best of luck
Old 01-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Eugenio (Flyingboa)

Default Where are you now? I live nea

Where are you now?
I live nearby Milan, my little 328 took one year to be found but it was well invested time.
Ciao
Eugenio
Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
robert j. loomis iii (Rjloomis)

Default Wanted: Ferrari seats in good

Wanted: Ferrari seats in good condition. Custom automotive themed furniture. Couches, bar stools, office chairs, beds… all types of items for your home, created out of authentic parts from your favorite marquee. Examples posted at www.loomis-design.com Contact Robert J. Loomis III, [email protected]esign.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement