Boxer Tuning in Technical Section - Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum
Ferrari Forum Ferrari Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum > Ferrari Discussion > General Ferrari Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Ferrari-Talk.com is the premier Ferrari All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2003, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Drew Altemara

Default JRV and David Feinberg, I p

JRV and David Feinberg,

I posted a Boxer tune up proceedure in the tech section. JRV, I know you are way to busy to review it but just wanted to make sure it was OK? David, I thought you might take a look and comment and add to the thread any corrections and additions you felt appropriate.

Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2003, 04:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
David Feinberg

Default Drew, I'm out the door sh

Drew,
I'm out the door shortly, but did have a chance to do a quick read. Looks oustanding...and glad that you "put all this together" in one spot. JR and I had a conversation about doing this, but neither one of us has had the time/inclination to do so.

I've just crossed the 750km point on my new engine...and am going to go through a another complete set-up again at 1500km, before I put her away for winter. I really like the "feel" of what you've written and will follow your steps...

More later...Thanks, Drew!

Regards,
David
Old 10-03-2003, 08:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
JRV

Default Drew, looks excellent, than

Drew,

looks excellent, thank you very much for taking the time to chronicle the procedure and your success. Your editorial comments are right on the money and a valuable addition. With the exception of your comments about novice status {}...you're far, far above novice level to succesfully complete the daunting task of Tuning a BB512...that's for sure!!

Thanks again for the intative to write that difficult procedure and post. It's these valuable controbutions that makes me feel blessed to be in the company of such great guys!

Best Regards, JRV

Old 10-05-2003, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Simon Campbell

Default Thanks for posting this, Drew.

Thanks for posting this, Drew. It sums up all the discussions perfectly. I had run through my timing and carbs previously on my 365BB and whilst it was a lot better it was not quite right (exhaust popping on the over-run). I used Drew's procedure today, took my time, adjusted and then re-adjusted and now the car feels spot on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement