308 Power Issues - Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum
Ferrari Forum Ferrari Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum > Ferrari Discussion > Ferrari Technical Questions & Answers
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Ferrari-Talk.com is the premier Ferrari All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 308 Power Issues

I have an 85 - 308qv that is experiencing some operating issues. If the vehicle is not warm (190) it runs wrough. It is almost as if it is not firing on all cylinders. If the RPMs go up then it smooths out. Once temperatures reach 190-195 mark the problem seams to disapear but at idel it still may be rough. The engine spead light will speradically come on if driving the car below the 190 temp mark.

I was told from a mechanic that the problem may have orignated from old/ foweled gass from inactivity that caused an issue with the fuel system and that a fuel system additive/ cleaner should clear up the problem.

Unfortunatly, today when out for a drive once the car got to temperature (190+) I had power surges - the rpms would rise & drop iraticaly, power disapeared and the car would stall out.

I was hoping that someone could give me there thoughts on the issues I am experiencing.

Thank you
j308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

It seems a unique problem but seems its a in built problem with the model, and yes it seems a part of many vehicles and has got to do more with the fueling system.
Angel smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement