How do I remove 308 QV oil pan - Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum
Ferrari Forum Ferrari Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum > Ferrari Discussion > Ferrari Technical Questions & Answers
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Ferrari-Talk.com is the premier Ferrari All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2005, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Corey (Aka_ferrari)

Default Ok so I bought a new oil pan a

Ok so I bought a new oil pan and tranny pan gasket because I had a leak. I drained both the oil in the motor and in the tranny. I loosened all the nuts and the tranny pan came off easy. Thats done. I loosened all the oil pan nuts and it dropped down about 1/4" from the engine block but wont come off. I noticed the transmission shift linkage goes through the engine block right above the oil pan to the tranny. Do I have to disassemble the transmission linkage to remove the oil pan from the motor? If I have to do that I would rather have delt with the oil leak. But to late now cause I broke the seal of the gasket and have to replace it now. Please help.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2005, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
JRV (Jrv)

Default All you have to do to remove t

All you have to do to remove the engine oil pan is take the Oil Dip Stick out, the dipstick extension bolted to the block by the Alternator and the oil Temp Sender on the left bottom. Then the Oil Pan will carefully slide down and out.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Corey (Aka_ferrari)

Default JRV YOU ARE THE MAN!! THANKS F

JRV YOU ARE THE MAN!! THANKS FOR THE INFO. SINCE YOU ANSWERED THAT WITH EASE MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS. WHEN I DROPPED THE TRANNY PAN THERE WERE 3 SMALL METAL BALLS AND SPRINGS THAT FELL OUT. WHEN I PUT THAT PAN BACK ON WHAT GOES FIRST THE BALL OR SPRINGS? I WOULD IMAGINE THE BALL WOULD BE ON TOP CLOSE TO THE TRANNY AND THE SPRING WOULD BE ON THE BOTTOM NEAR THE PAN. CAN YOU SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS FOR ME? DO ALL 3 SPRINGS AND METAL BALLS ALL GO IN THE SAME POSITION??? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Old 09-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
JRV (Jrv)

Default The ball goes first (these

The ball goes first (these are the detent balls that hold the shift shafts in place), then the spring. The portion of the pan with the cutout (circulular) is where the Aluminum spacer goes, the other 2 are the same.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
John Wise (Jwise)

Default here is a photo- the balls are

here is a photo- the balls are already installed under the springs. this engine, obviously, was upside down at the time. You can use a little grease to hold the balls/springs in while attaching the pan.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Corey (Aka_ferrari)

Default Thanks for the pic. It was hel

Thanks for the pic. It was helpful!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

do you still have picture of detent balls replacement on 308qv
mumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

Gasket Replacement
Remove components blocking the oil pan and oil pan fasteners.
Remove the oil pan.
Clean the oil pan mating surface as well as the bottom of the engine block.
Install the gasket or sealant.
Reinstall the oil pan and any other components removed during the job.
Lewis-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement