Ferrari Forum Ferrari Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Ferrari-Talk.com is the premier Ferrari All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum

Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum (https://www.ferrari-talk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ferrari Technical Questions & Answers (https://www.ferrari-talk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   PPI in Chicago area, (confusing response from a dealer) (https://www.ferrari-talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40153)

Konstantin 01-11-2017 07:28 PM

PPI in Chicago area, (confusing response from a dealer)

Good evening. I am on the market for an older 360 and I found one in Chicago area. Living in a different state, my ability to check out the car is limited to service records, ppi and what a salesman tells me. At the moment the car is being serviced at Lake Forest Sportcars which I heard a lot of good reviews about.
After talking to the sales guy, he gave me the contact information of the service department where the Ferrari is, and when I called them, the response was - we won't disclose any information about the vehicle, because there are rules that prohibit us from sharing this information with a third party. But the car is in excellent condition and checked out just fine.
I asked the salesman to call them and authorize them to talk to me about the inspection and even after that, Lake forest refused to do that.
After that I received the invoice for conducted service that the salesman got the from Lake Forest.

It included :
Multipoint inspection.
New battery
Found transmission fluid leak, repair/reseal
Install new transmission mount
And replaced window regulator
Changed the spark plugs
Complete fluid service

In a copy of the email they mentioned that the belts were replaced 2 years ago, and after inspection they noted that they do not need replacement.
Does this sound right??

So after I couldn't get any more info then that, I started looking around for a good shop to do a ppi. The second authorized Ferrari service was at Contintental AutoSports. Their answer was - they do not do PPI, and no authorized dealer will do it because of liability issues. I don't know if he was being lazy or had a bad day, but tone of the conversation was not exactly what you would expect from a place that sells and services high end vehicles.
That's another reason why I decided to ask your guys help to figure out the best strategy.
Obviously I don't want to get a 15 year old exotic without a comprehensive inspection. But I am not sure I can call local shops and expect them to do a good job with it. So if anybody knows a good place in Chicago area to do an inspection or can give me any input on the whole situation, I would highly appreciate it.