Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to my experise with Fer

Thanks to my experise with Ferraris and Lamborghinis I've been honored with many very challenging tasks, such as this complete Restoration of Basket Case 08045:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A good look at the daunting ta

A good look at the daunting task I faced making this Alloy 275 pristine again:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After meticulas body work and

After meticulas body work and paint the reassembly is ready to proceed:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the body done the 275 get

With the body done the 275 gets it's own assembly area (you can see a 53 212 dash hanging on the wall in the background from another resto in progress):

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the neccesary parts new a

With the neccesary parts new and the rest restored to as new the reassembly is carried out by hand just the way they were originally built:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...Engines are done with even

...Engines are done with even more precision, exacting standards and attention to detail than the bodies and other mechanicals (if that's possible), the numbers on the piston tops are their wieghts in grams and before being installed will be within 0.5 (1/2) grams of each other, rods likewise:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...as can be be noted in this

...as can be be noted in this series, when I restore these beautiful machines all painting and prepping is done "prior" to assembly to insure no dirt or overspray can get anywhere it doesn't belong:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's amazing. I love lo

That's amazing. I love looking at the before during and after pictures. This area is a Godsend! Thanks JR!

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...as a car lover since a smal

...as a car lover since a small boy, that built models and ran slot cars, being fortunate enough to let that fasination develop into a passion and then a love, then dedicated enough to turn those attributes combined with a natural talent into a carreer, the only thing more rewarding than those final road tests with an owner is watching a true gentleman afficianado and avid enthusiast like Mr. Bob Gregory (blue shirt, sneakers) proudly talking about his Classic Italian Beauty with an admirer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
....08045 is no garage queen,

....08045 is no garage queen, and here it is 10 years later being serviced and tweeked to keep it in top form for the weekly forays into the fray.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts