Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked both coils and found

I checked both coils and found the following, on both... thar is 12v going to all the plugs on the coils but no fire comeing out to the main red coil wire going to the spark plugs. can both coils go bad at once? AND ARE COILS PRICY$$$ P/S THE CAR WAS SITING FOR 1 1/2 YEARS...THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a similar problem on holid

Had a similar problem on holiday in Scotland. The TR just wouldn't fire after driving fine the day before. Turned out to be a bad connection due to a little corrosion in the connectors on the wires for the TDC and rpm sensors where they leave the clutch bell housing on LH side of engine. Hard to find - easy to fix. Had visions of being transported home on a trailer for a couple of hours or so !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no luck david. but i pulled ou

no luck david. but i pulled out the coil today and where the coil wire go's in it's got a lot of corrosion. and coil is vary rusty. it's a mangeti marelli aei 500 c... i can not find it any whre!!!! any one know wher i can get one HELP.......P/S CAN MY OLD ONE'S BE REPEARD?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the one on ebay is the right o

the one on ebay is the right one... do you have few good one's for sale and are you in u.s.a.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No,
I’m in Germany, if you wa

No,
I’m in Germany, if you want the one from eBay, I can buy it for you and sent it to the USA. Will cost you 40 US$ for international mail + something like 40US$ eBay.
If you want I put it in a international auction and you can pay by Paypal.

The eBay is a 500, mine are the newer 600 from the Fiat turbo engines. Don’t know the exact difference.

I can get the 500 new from Fiat, but it is around 400 US$, seems a ridiculous high price for this part.
Fiat spare parts have quadrupled in the last 8 years.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts