Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can anybody tell me about

What can anybody tell me about the 1990 348TS? I have heard there were some problems with the early models of the 348, in particular, timing belts and alternators? What exactly were the problems and what other parts were prone to problems?

By the way, what are the major/significant differences between the 308GT and the 348TS?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"By the way, what are the

"By the way, what are the major/significant differences between the 308GT and the 348TS?"

They are like night and day

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank, can you be more specifi

Frank, can you be more specific, or give me some examples, such as the number of valves, engine mounting, etc.?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to [url="http://www.ferrari

Go to www.ferrari.com and look up the cars. The website has an extensive history section and has an overview of each car that will answer those questions

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Michael, I had a 84 308 and cu

Michael, I had a 84 308 and currently have a 91 348 tb. Performance wise the 348 blows away the 308 the 348 is 300 hp and the 308 is around 230 - 240 , the feel of the cars are completely different the 348 feels like a "modern" car the 308 feel like it came from the 70's or earlier (maybe because it did) not that there is anything wrong with that it's just when it was designed. The 308 is much easier to work on the timing belt job doesn't require engine removal as it does in the 348. As far as the problems with early cars in the 348 series as long as the updates have been done you should be ok I believe these were related to the cam seals and the wiring harness there may have been others JRV? If you buy a 91 or later you should be fine, make sure with either that the cars were serviced on time . I love my 348 but there are days when I miss my 308

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[b]Mikeyinms wrote:
[i]By th

Mikeyinms wrote:
By the way, what are the major/significant differences between the 308GT and the 348TS?

Take a look at model guides available at http://www.qv500.com/indexferrari6.htm
I think you will find the answers to all your questions there.
// Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts