Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a spotted a ferrar

Well I have a spotted a ferrari 1995 355 spyder, and it has 1400 miles on it and it is in perfect condition. The car came from Japan, and a rockstar had it there. The car is white with a white and navy blue interior, it is beautiful. The car cheaks out, and rns great. Will this is a perfect car to buy, the price tag of the Car is $80,000. Well what i am asking you guys is that if this is a good deal for this car and if lets say 5 years down the road and i great shape what do you Ferrari guys think the car will be worth. And for $80,000 would this be the best ferrari to start out with? Thank you for any help you give me. Thats Roger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I could be wrong, however I th

I could be wrong, however I thought the Spyder was first introduced in "96" ?

I can tell you from experience that 355 injectors are not happy campers from non-use!!! Also, electrolysis, belts, hoses, brake calipers also don't like being neglected!!!!

Prepare yourself to bring the car current on service needs!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the thing is all of that

Well the thing is all of that was changed when the dealer got ahold of it, they just did a huge service on it and changed the ckutch and brake fluids and everything, he said the onely thing is the timing belt. But everything else was changed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"they just did a huge serv

"they just did a huge service on it "
and
"he said the onely thing is the timing belt."

doesn't quite add up. The major service on a 355 is the belt replacement at 30K miles or 5 years whichever comes first. This is a ~$5000 service plus whatever else they find that need to be put current.

BTW, changing brake fluid is a yearly event, and we who track our cars do it considerably more often; me, I have it done at least 4 times a year as part of a standard nut-and-bolt pre-track service.

You should consider that 1,400 miles is so small an amount of road use, that the various drive line seals and other non-use hazzards are awaiting you donw the road. A car of this age should have at least 25,000 miles on it for you the new owner to be reletively safe from various gremlins associate with non use. In other words, 1,400 miles should read like a 'great big caution sign', not like the car is a 'cream puff' sign. Cars like this need (NEED) to be driving about 100 miles in a single stint at least once a month to get the oils up to the proper temperatures and thrown around the engine to protect, lubricate, and make all the seals happy for long life. I would subtract $8,000 from the value of the car for the low milage! Low milage is a value subtractor not a value adder (at this age).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am fully with Mitch on ALL t

I am fully with Mitch on ALL the issues he brings up!!

I also didn't understand "a big service" without belts!!! in my mind this means a shortcut service to keep from spending "the real money" these cars cost to be maintained well!!!

From experience you may get away with a non-belt service short term...but the lack of Full Service will catch up to you sooner rather than later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they did come out in 1995 and

they did come out in 1995 and they do have buy it now prices from time to time on ebay at 75k . but dont squabble over 5k because a perfectly serviced car could run into costly problems. Mine did. buy it drive it and enjoy the piss out of it. life is to short and if when you need parts go to ferraripartsexchange.com p.s. my buddy bought one without a major service and has had no problems (yet). sometimes you can not tell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any pictures????

That sound

Any pictures????

That sounds like a cool color scheme.......
no idea on the other issues.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Roger,
I actually like th

Hi Roger,
I actually like the car in white but the 2 tone dashboard/steering wheel is a bit much , IMO. I have a '95 Spider so they were deffo made then .
Good luck if you decide to take the plunge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts