Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing extensive

I've been doing extensive research on this model across mutliple sources and want to hear your expert opinions. I think these are two of the top 3 most common problems for a 348, do you agree?

A/C (typically due to electrical problems)
Check engine light related to the ECU

Not sure what #3 would be but I have also seen a few start problems. Surprisingly I haven't seen many clutch issues. But I've seen the two above all over the place. In fact JRV wrote a nice article on the A/C issue. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Andrew, hope things are goi

Hi Andrew, hope things are going well !

The 348's have quite a list of issues, although in Ferrari terms I don't consider most serious.

1-the Climate Control 30 Amp fuse issue of course was across the board for all years.

2- door jam wiring harness pins problem

3- Alternator problems

4- starter solenoid problem

5- climate control recirp flap plastic axle problem

6- Electroylisis of engine water hoses and fittings issue (requires the updated SS pipe)

7- they require the Factory Recall Fuel Lines from Fuel Filters (from Aluminum to Steel)

8- all the Soft Touch coating of interior plastic pieces melts (approx $3K to replace all)

9- Oxy Sensor Ground issues

10- Cat Temp Controller issues

all I have time to think of at the moment

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap Jay, I hope most of that

Crap Jay, I hope most of that was on the 89-91 models, otherwise I don't have much good to look forward to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JRV,

Things are going well.

JRV,

Things are going well. Thanks for all the list of problems.

Regards,
Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget,

Seals bet

Don't forget,

Seals between output shafts, which lead to Flywheel problems, and then to a hot start issue.

Vincent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts