Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 308 is converted

Hello,

My 308 is converted to R134a refridgerant. The A/C is not blowing cold anymore. I just bought a set of A/C manifold gauges to see if the system will hold a vacuum. I have 3 questions though:

1) how do i remove the refridgerant already in the system? Im not sure if there is any in there i have to find out if i have a leak.

2) how do i connect the manifold gauges to the A/C compressor so i can see if the system will hold a vacuum? Also what should the system vacuum down to and how long?

3) once the system is under vacuum and everything is ok how do i add refridgerant at this point?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No good. I always do work myse

No good. I always do work myself. This isnt that difficult. Someone out there must have accomplished this before. I just need some questions answered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Corey,
Look at this:

Hi Corey,
Look at this: http://www.ferrari-talk.com/discus/messages/30/2571.html?1092859080

This will help you
Also:
red hose is high side 0-500 Psi
Blue hose is low side (-30")- 350 Psi
yellow small hose is for refrigerant side
Yellow big hose is for Vac Pump

On top of compressor low side = Suction side
and high = discharge
Danger!!!! do not get blue and red mixed up...
Do not add refrigerant to high side... R134A Can will blow up in your hand...
Only add 134A to the low or suction side!!!!
}
Hope this help
-John...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also if you have a vacuum pump

Also if you have a vacuum pump, vac the system for at least an hour the longer the better as this will assure you that all refrigererant are sucked out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also...When I am adding cans o

Also...When I am adding cans of R134a should the cans be upright or upside down?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cory before you go through the

Cory before you go through the process of vacuuming down the system just attach the gage set and read the blue gage (low). See if there is any pressure in the system. If so then you have a slow leak. So buy a can of R134A with sealer and add it to the system. The can should be upside down when you add it , just make sure that you shake it up good. Then add a can or 2 of R134A and watch the low side gage. It should read about 25-35 psi. Next while the engine is running (1000rpm )and the AC is on full cold and full fan put a thermometor into the outlet ducts below the radio. Keep putting R134 in until you get 40* temp out of the duct. Now if back when you checked to see if there was pressure in the system and there was none then you need to find the leak and fix it before you go on. Also the purpose of vacuuming down the system is to boil off the water in the lines. So after you find the leak and fix it then I usually vacuum down the system to 25" for 12 hours. Also replace the receiver dryer. Then it should work pretty good. Give it a go .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.