Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was recently t

Hey everyone, I was recently told that the early 308 Bosch alternators are a four pole alternator, and were most likely used on a Fiat of its day. ANyone have any experience as to exactly which Fiat used this specific alternator? My alternator is fine, but I may like to upgrade the amps at a later date. Certainly curious though.

john

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just take it to a rebuilder an

Just take it to a rebuilder and they can bump it up to 85AMPS. You don't need a crossref. number.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just had mine rebuilt here&#39

just had mine rebuilt here's the bosch list of parts to upgrade to 90amps.

00p31-9105 rect-bo ir/ef ibr331
00p38-14000s stator bosch 90a 13122/14000
00p35-9104 vr/bh-bo ir/ef ib353
00p6-303-4 bearing 6303-2rs
00p6-3101-4 ball bearing w6001 12x28x12mm
00p42-91100 insulator bosch alt

total cost was $203.00

and the reference to fiat didn't hold up when we went thru the bosch book.as a mater of fact the rebuilder was suprised to see such a large alt on the cars, the case is more in line with industrial eq, tractors and such.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, my alternator shop had

Right, my alternator shop had a big manual of all manufacturers...they knew what they were looking at.....

Rebuild cost on mine was less than $80 without upgrade...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it should be noted the only th

it should be noted the only thing i got back original was the case. so look at it as a 'new' 90amp alt for $203. to upgrade, the stator and mags all need to be changed, mine had been fried from excess heat and age anyway so upgrade away!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
should I just take it to a loc

should I just take it to a local alternator shop, or is there a specialty shop I should go to? Scott, where did you go?
thanks- j

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John,
i took it to the local

John,
i took it to the local alt/water pump guy in west sacramento. he does lots of work on the rolls club cars and other old oddities in amongst the std. day to day grind. busy place, i was suprised. you can ship to him if you're not local, lots of car clubs accross the US use. or find a local alt rebuilder, to be honest an alt is an alt. bosch alts are used in millions of cars.

S&N Auto electric
ask for sammy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd agree...I went down to

I'd agree...I went down to the old part of town to a place that did both alternators and starters....and sells batteries! LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts