Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question about the di

i have a question about the distributor cap on my 83 308. i am in the middle of replacing my ignition wires and i noticed that one of the caps have a hairline crack on the side. i can see it on the inside and outside of the cap. it doesnt look that bad and is not loose at all. is it possible to repair it with some kind of epoxy or do i need to buy a new one? i believe the car ran fine but maybe im just used to it with the cracked cap. thanks for your time

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cory. replace the cap. You ca

Cory. replace the cap. You can get a carbon buildup in the crack,(carbon track) and it can conduct the high voltage inside the cap and cause the voltage to jump to other terminals. It can, and has caused engine damage due to spark arriving at the wrong time in the wrong cylinders. It can also cause cylinders to not fire at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an electrical problem wi

I had an electrical problem with my fuel system. It was blowing relays, it had some sign of shrots in the wiring harnesses. I think I fixed those shorts. When driving I could hear the relays clicking often and the engin was runnining weak until last week all sudden engin atart running fine but engie reving high when in neutral. Whenever I put it in the gear the rev goes to normal and as soon as I go to neutral it will go to high rev. It sounds like reving high when it is cld but stays there and it never drop. Sorry for long explenaion! Any advise what might be the problem?? Thanks, Mehdi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I meant to say i paid $500 at

I meant to say i paid $500 at the dealership, now you can find them at a lower price at other parts stores and on ebay.
Thanks -John..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Madi:
Check your floormats--t

Madi:
Check your floormats--they can interfere with the gss pedal linkage. This is a common problem in the 3X8s and may be yours.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts