Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the valve covers wrinkle

I had the valve covers wrinkle painted red. I am in the process of sanding the logos and high spots now and should have them completed soon. Here are some before and after pics..

Thank you to Don Smith and JRV at Pinnacle Motorsports for doing the wrinkle painting. They look awesome!! The pics do not do them justice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like Crap to me HUH!

Looks like Crap to me HUH!

I think that it also 10 point off next concoroso.

Enjoy, I'll call you. Wish I could do that to mine. But with a Platinum, Silver and lately a Gold. I just cann't.

I guess i feeling stuck up. HAHA
Kelly

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha!!! That's funny Kel

Hahaha!!! That's funny Kelly. There are enough people judging me in the "real world" that I don't care to be judged with my Ferrari.
The Ferrari is my "happy" place....

Congrats on the gold. Your baby is a beauty.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeremy, Try riding behind Kell

Jeremy, Try riding behind Kelly. It smells like his baby sh!t in it's diaper .
Besides your valve covers look way better than his "gold, platinum , silver" rub and buff ones do

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is too funny Frank. How&#

That is too funny Frank. How's the 348? I am in the early stages of looking for mine. Trying to decide on an "S" or a "B".

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 348 is doing fine a little

The 348 is doing fine a little dirty (went for a drive Sat. behind Kelly ) Go for the B or a spider. Sometimes I wish I had a spider but never a Targa top (too many squeaks a rattles in the New Orleans area)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait a few more years and 360s

Wait a few more years and 360s will be going for cheap $s.

Looks like a nice job on the valve covers Jeremy. Maybe shoot some flat clear on them to even them up and protect the edges where you sanded the highlights down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Frank, but leaking oil add

Yes Frank, but leaking oil adds an additional 10 points at the concourso right?
Hahaha!!!

The 355's that we drove at the Red Driving Experience were B's and they were rock solid...no flex. My QV flexes a lot so I thought about a B. But I love the targa top. I rarely drive with it on so I do not hear the squeeks and rattles that often.

Paul,

Thank you. Don Smith at Pinnacle painted them for me. He did an outstanding job. We do plan to clear coat them after I decide if I want to polish the highlights or paint them with high temp black. I'm leaning toward the black myself.

FYI...I will be visiting in April for the Strawberry Fest. Hope to meet up with you guys.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"The 355's that we dro

"The 355's that we drove at the Red Driving Experience were B's and they were rock solid...no flex."

After 42,000 miles at least 4,000 of them on race tracks, my F355B is still squeek and rattle free. Indeed, when my brakes begin to squeek, I take the car back to the track and eat another 20% off the pads and drive home with a squeek free car.

And with 3 feet of hair hanging off my head, a top off car is not for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Three feet of hair!!!! Tambi h

Three feet of hair!!!! Tambi has quite a bit of hair and has a spider.
Hahaha!!! Maybe she will post some more pics of her with her baby.

Also, where are your cat photos? We have a feline thread in general. Would love to see yours.

You're in Austin? When I get my car back on the road we all need to meet up and go for a fun run. Dr. Sabela in SA, you in Austin, and a few of us in Houston could do a nice hill country run. I'll get with you later to coordinate.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the more felines the bett

Yes, the more felines the better!
Hair...well yes I do have a lot and I look like I just got up out of bed when the top is down. I guess it is cool look if you like that tousled look. Of course I feel like I should be wearing a shirt that reads "I drove a convertible" esp. when walking in a place where everyone's hair is so "finished". But I have done the Heidi braids, the cowgirl hat, the Jackie O scarf, baseball cap, even dressed up as Barbie (for Halloween) from head to toe (remember Mattel actually made a remote controlled 355 for Barbie - so it was very cool)...never know who I will arrive as when I am in my Ferrari. Besides you guys should know something about Ferraris..........
IT'S A GIRL THING!! hehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well......we do often refer to

Well......we do often refer to our babies as "she" so it may very well be a "girl thing." Hmmmmm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well...(though I am not qu

Well...(though I am not quoting this word for word) but...it has been stated that if you take the back of your hand and stroke it against the body of a Ferrari the smooth paint and sensuous curves will remind you of a woman's curves and soft skin. Since I am a woman and yes I refer to my baby a "she" as well....it is very much a girl thing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But my car also feels cold whe

But my car also feels cold when I do that. Are women cold too or am I doing it wrong?

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are a devilish one aren&#3

You are a devilish one aren't you....Far be it from me to say whether you are doing it wrong...I would assume that you are not...but see I am girl friendly so me and my girl warm up to each other quickly, drop the top and hit the road...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You gotta love a girl who love

You gotta love a girl who loves tools, loves to listen to the natural sounds of "her" Ferrari, can appreciate Snoop Dog, has a racing license, is girl friendly, warms up quickly, and drops her top.... ;)

Love ya Tambi...You're a trooper...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What girl would not be flatter

What girl would not be flattered at such appreciation?! Gotta love a guy that is a giver!

Speaking of appreciation, regarding the cold curves issue. I will confirm that Ferraris and women – don’t like to be left alone or ignored. See even when I’m not “with” my baby, I am actually “with” her. Once again, It’s a girl thing….we look at each other fondly until our next adventure together...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Al right who took the picture

Al right who took the picture of my foot??????
I know my little girl got a little wild with the polish and took a picture in momies shoes by he car.

Just when you thought you had a secret.

Oh and Frank, At least I know how to drive. HAHA
Kelly

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kelly,

If that is "yo

Kelly,

If that is "your" foot, we need to talk.. ;) I hope the rest of you matches ... Hahaha!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts