Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me w

Could someone please tell me what radio would be correct for an 81 308 GTSI and would it have been a dealer installed unit or a factory unit? I have been told to look for Becker Mexico but I don't want to spend the money if it is the wrong radio for the car.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Barry,

the radios were deal

Barry,

the radios were dealer installed only the speakers and wiring were Factory installed and I would say a Becker Mexico was not installed in the car originally. Blaupunks were very common of that period.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone else considered wha

Has anyone else considered what was the common radio installation for a 1979 308GTB. The unit that is in my car currently looks incorrect...? Does anybody have an original car with the installation of the day?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of these cars were fitte

A lot of these cars were fitted with DIN mounted Blaupunkts (sp?). I think the Becker Mexico maybe a little early for a 1981 308. I can't remember the correct Blaupunkt model hovever except that these were the early cassette models and DIN mounted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an original 1977 instal

I have an original 1977 installation of a Blaupunkt cassette coupled with, sadly, IMO, some round "Buck Rogers" surface speakers on the rear deck, fed via front/rear fader and it had the leather option! Sigh.....that's gonna be a hassle to fix those holes!!

I took a failed similar Blaupunkt unit from my other 1977 and updated it with a CD player of the same manufacturer........CAREFUL cutting the fibreglass.leather dash as there is also metal forming the original opening.

I'll also upgrade speakers soon, I have been shown some two element/crossover systems that would reuse stock door openings for the lower range driver coupled with a surface mounted super tweeter, probably located on top of each end of the dash pointed at the windshield......

Motorized antennas..that's another story!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heck, JRV had a 308GTB in the

Heck, JRV had a 308GTB in the shop the other day with a slide out tray SAT/NAV system included!!!!

I still use the fold up maps......;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I remember my blue c

Actually, I remember my blue car was sold in summer 1980, so it would be pretty close to the original poster's question....

Installed at Ron Tonkin GT Cars....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If its any use my 78 308 GT4 h

If its any use my 78 308 GT4 had a Pioneer KEX-23 Stereo and GM-4 Amp. The Amp was fitted under a panel at the rear of the passenger foot well. I can only think that this was factory fitted because it had to be fitted from below the centre console and not through the apperture at the top. When I ripped it out to fit the CD head unit I had a nightmare job as the old system was bolted in from below.
Regards
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an 85 308 GTS, and woul

I have an 85 308 GTS, and would like to take out the updated stereo that was installed and put a period correct Blaupunkt back in. Is it EVEN possible to locate a period correct stereo for these cars?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beckers are very nice and high

Beckers are very nice and higher quality, but I agree that the Blaupunkt are more 'correct' from whatI have seen. Ebay usually has a good selection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts