Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I removed my driver&#39

Hi,

I removed my driver's seat on my '76 308 today in order to condition the leather and have a few questions:

1. The driver's seat pressure switch for the fuel pump was unplugged and the receptacle was jumpered together. If this switch was connected, would the fuel pump shut off if the driver got out of the car and left it running? If this is the case, i can see why it was bypassed.

2. The headrest pulls out freely and does not engage in any of the slots. Before I waste any time, is this repairable or would the mechanism be observable if I remove the panel on the back of the seat (I took the screws out but it seems to be held by an adhesive that I do not want to break if removal will not help anyway)?

Thanks as always,

Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was told the headrest has a

I was told the headrest has a button "hidden" beneath the leather - I can not seem to find it - any suggestions?

Thank You,

Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 85QV seats don't have a

My 85QV seats don't have a button. Mine were frozen in place from years of not being used. I used a little PB Blaster down the shaft and it did the trick. I believe there is a spring loaded ball bearing mechanism inside the back and notches on the steel bars that come from the head rest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anthony,

My 1976 308 GTB se

Anthony,

My 1976 308 GTB seat pressure sensor wiring was modified the same way yours was. I understand that was pretty much commonly done in those days for obvious reasons.

I haven't found my headrest release button either.

Barry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts