Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Close call:

Went to brake f

Close call:

Went to brake for a corner (not driving very fast) and there was almost no brakes. Had to pump once to get them to grab, but by then it was too late. I had to stand on the brakes locking up the left front, but still was not going to make it. I let off the brake a little so I could turn the car enough to not go nose first. This is the result.

Not one scratch on the car.

All's well that ends well.

I would like to thank God, and my Guardian Angel that were watching over me yesterday.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Holly crap! That's one ser

Holly crap! That's one serious close call. Glad you and the car are all ok
Time for some R&R on the brakes I guess.

Did you have the car towed/flatbed home? The guy will be telling stories about pulling an f-car out of a ditch for months

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry to read what happened...

sorry to read what happened...glad no scratches...hope the brakes are fixed now.

Gorgeous wheels...what kind are they?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YIKES!!!!!!

That was a clos

YIKES!!!!!!

That was a close one, glad you pulled up at the last second and didn't go into the deep mess!!!

Thank goodness everything is ok. I see one skid mark on the pavement, bet there is another one out of camera view

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JR:

No other skid marks. Th

JR:

No other skid marks. This situation had such a high pucker factor.

Jay:

My buddy that was riding with me called his brother to come pull us out. I had a tow strap in the car (not how I invisioned using it). I drove her around slowly checking the brakes and all was well. Still a little soft. I just took it VERY easy on the way home. I had just bought some SS brake hoses a week or so earlier. Good excuse to put them on. I only hope they work. They are goodridge brand and a few here have had problems installing them.

Coach:

The brakes will be looked at this Saturday. I hope to have the SS hoses installed with no fuss. The wheels are 17" speedlines. Original owner installed them in '96.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, I've been a LOT deepe

Man, I've been a LOT deeper into a ditch than THAT! But that's another story.......

Glad you and the car are okay!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like you stopped just sh

Looks like you stopped just short of being renamed "The Swamp Thing"!! LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alan,

On the funny side o

Alan,

On the funny side of this event...While driving off (slowly to let the mud fall off) a chunk landed in my lap.

Swamp Thing.....almost.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That might have been an editor

That might have been an editorial comment...... from the car!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Frank. Ha ha ha! I remember

Hi Frank. Ha ha ha! I remember that picture well. I'm glad mine didn't turn out that bad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that baby went in DEEEEEEE

Now that baby went in DEEEEEEEP!

It'll buff out!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was just dirty no damage ju

It was just dirty no damage just mud and some water splashed inside but it cleaned up took about 5 hours from what I hear though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Frank! I was so close to b

Hey Frank! I was so close to buying a 348 like yours, just not the way I had planned it.

I still love the 308 though and am glad nothing happened to her.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I miss my 308 but I do love my

I miss my 308 but I do love my 348 and the 308 did go to a good home

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you John. See you on the

Thank you John. See you on the 28th for our karting night?

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Close call man!!!!!!! It is a

Close call man!!!!!!! It is a good thing you weren't going any faster. The way the tires were digging in your are lucky it didn't flip. Your guardian angel sure did earn his pay that day. Glad you can look back and laugh. By the way, what was the culprit? Bad master cylinder, low fliud?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Ernie,

Welcome to F-t

Hi Ernie,

Welcome to F-talk. My guardian angel sure did earn his pay. Luckily for me I'm not much of a show-off of the end result could very well have been a lot worse. The only thing that I found was some air in the brake lines. I went ahead and switched to stainless steel brake lines, replacing the original 19 year old rubber ones, and put in fresh DOT4 synthetic brake fluid. It made a HUGE difference. Now she stops on a dime, no joke.

Welcome again..

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would have had a heart attac

I would have had a heart attack....I'm very happy that you and the car are okay. Brakes are something most people take for granted. ...especially teenagers! That "pucker factor" comment is very funny and yet totally acurate !!! I'd have to take some serious laxitives to get anything through there after that incident! Also thanks for posting pics and letting us know about this....some people would sweep this type of thing under the rug. There is a lesson to be learned by all of us here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.