Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any person

Does anyone know of any person or companies who can replace a 308/328 engine (transmission?) with a Ford or GM V8 or a Japanese V6?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
uuummmmm Forgive me for asking

uuummmmm Forgive me for asking but...why would you want to do this? Part of the entire thing of ownimg a Ferrari is hearing that wondeful engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 308/328 engine is, indeed,

The 308/328 engine is, indeed, wonderful. So why replace an old one? To get a more modern, durable, reliable, (and powerful!) engine that requires less maintenance and is cheaper to service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 308/328 engine is, indeed,

The 308/328 engine is, indeed, wonderful. Why replace it? To get an engine that is more modern, durable, reliable, (and powerful!), and requires less service and is cheaper to repair.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then you don't have a Ferr

Then you don't have a Ferrari..... IMHO

Panteras are cool though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or why not get a Camaro or Mus

Or why not get a Camaro or Mustang. You should be able to get a really nice one of just about any year for what a 328 would cost

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Removing the heart of a Ferrar

Removing the heart of a Ferrari is IMHO not a good idea, but I'm sure it can be done. I would think Norwood in TX would be a good shop to make such a change.

Actually Norwood once FRONT mounted a GM engine into a former mid engine Ferrari. Took it to Bonneville. I think Forza #30 had an article about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would agree that what you are

Would agree that what you are describing is a Pantera - which would be significantly cheaper than a re-engined 308.
Not only is it a very tight fit, but the fabrication involved with the mounts and ancillary systems (i.e. cooling system, exhaust, re-springing the suspension, electrics, etc.) would make a conversion daunting as none of the Italian stuff is compatable with anything else; Ferraris are often weird like that.
I think you'll save money in the long run getting a Pantera if you want a mid-engine Amercan V-8 (besides a Ford GT).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking buying a Ferrar

I was thinking buying a Ferrari Bodied Fiero would be the best way to go to achieve the same goal...comes with a GM engine custom made to fit from GM.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I'll never understand

What I'll never understand is, why so often you see replicas with the turn signals and rear lights in reversed positions. Do this people ever look at a picture of the real deal?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Do this people ever look

"Do this people ever look at a picture of the real deal?"

No, and if they looked at teh cost of owning a real one, they wouldn't buy the kits.............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.