Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All, I have just got my GT4

HI All, I have just got my GT4 out for the spring and am experiencing a problem with it overheating. It has been stood for about 3 months since I last drove it, but has been started regularly. Last year I drained the system, replaced all rubber hoses and replaced the coolant at a 30% strength of anti freeze to water. After that I did plenty of miles in summer heat and it always ran cool (about 70C.

When I took it out this weekend I got stuck in some traffic on a warm day and the tempearature crept up to just over 90C (half way on the gauge) pulled over and noticed that the fans were not coming on (not sure that I have ever seen them work?!). Temperature carried on climbing to past 90 and was getting on for a hundred. I put the heater on hot with the fan on and it dropped down a bit.

When I got it back to the garage I pulled the wires of the temperature sensitive switch on the bottom of the radiator and connected them together briefly; the fans whirred into life. This suggests to me that the temperature sensitive switch is broken? It looks like a total nightmare to get at, do I have to remove the radiator to replace it? Any tips? Help!

Cheers
Wayne

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Wayne
If you drained the c

Hi Wayne
If you drained the coolant down did you bleed the rad? Could be a big air block?

Cheers
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nick

Thanks for the repl

Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply, I've fixed it. It was the fan switch on the back of the rad at the bottom. Got a new one from superformance, job done!

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts