Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
my 328 1986 leaks oil where th

my 328 1986 leaks oil where the control rod comes out of the oil sump.Is there an o-ring ? can this be replaced by myself as a home mechanic?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Michael, welcome

The sh

Hi Michael, welcome

The shift rods do begin to leak where they exit the sump .....yes there are internal o-rings that wear/age and leak.

while I would say yes the orings can be replaced by the DIY'er as the physical operations are not that hard, remove Trans Pan, unhook & remove shaft, ..because of the transmission shift linkage adjustments neccesary for completion of the job it can be tricky.

If you decide to DIY and run into problems, we can likely walk you thru the operations to get it back together.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Hi JRV
thanks for your info.i

Hi JRV
thanks for your info.i´ll start with the adventure end of Oktober when snow season starts in Austria. two further questions in advance. Is it necessary to remove the oil sump cover? I have a part list of a 308 GT4 which shows 2 orings is that correct and can they be replaced from outside?

best regards Michael

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Michael,

yes there are 2 o-

Michael,

yes there are 2 o-rings.

I know of no way to replace the orings without removing the shift shaft...and to remove the shaft the shift fork on the trans end must be removed, and to remove the shift fork, the pan must be removed. Not a difficult job really, as I mentioned, but everything certianly has to go back together carefully and correctly.

Regards, JRV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts