Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at Ferrari

I have been looking at Ferrari's for a long time and i am trying to make a dessicion on a 328 GTS,348 spyder or a testarossa. Please give me some feed back and help me make a dessicion. If there is another car out there you think i shoudl cheack out aswell tell me. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Out of those 3 choices even th

Out of those 3 choices even though they are radically different the 348 Spyder is hands down the COOOOOLESTTT of the bunch...rarest and probably the best also!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As an owner of an oldslow308,

As an owner of an oldslow308, and after driving my buddy's '88.5 Testarosa (with Tubi) for the first time this weekend I am sold on a midengine 12 cylinder car. I WILL own one before I die. POWER!

I am 6'2" and barely fit in my 308. I fit in the TR better. The TR had lighter steering loads and was quite easy to drive. No problem with visibility either. The only draw back to the TR is no removable top. I love having an open car on nice days.

For dependability and lower maintenance costs I hear the 328 is the way to go and yet, another member in our club has the nicest black/black 1994 348 Spider I have ever seen. Absolutely stunning and quite fast! He has over 40k miles on the car with minimal hassles from what I understand.

Drive them ALL. Read everything you can get your hands on. Talk to all of the owners of each model that you can. Listen to the short comings of each and try like hell to keep emotions out of it, (yeah, good luck).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roger,

Are you still in the

Roger,

Are you still in the hunt? What's the latest for you. if i were you, i'd look at Boxers too. in my opinion they have THE classic Ferrari shape along with the must have 12 cylinders. Expensive to maintain though, but it's the first on my hit parade. Three variations of the Boxer though from the 365BB to the 512BB to the 512BBi. Whatever you do, good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Listen to what David Jones sai

Listen to what David Jones said...

They are all very different cars.

Maybe a little more feedback is required...
Are you looking for a more modern car, or more raw sports car.
A highway car for long distance runs, or a city car.
Your body size is also a consideration.
Like David said, you really need to sit in, drive each car.
And don't forget, models change over the years.
Driving an 86 328 is different that driving an 89 328.

Good Luck with your search!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am looking at a 1995 348 spy

I am looking at a 1995 348 spyder with 22k miles. since i plan on driving the car and not letting it sit in my garage. does anyone have any info on what kind of depreciation i will get after 30k miles thanks for any insight. frank

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suspect you are looking at t

I suspect you are looking at the 348 around low to mid $50K range.

I suspect you can put 30K miles on the car and end up selling it a few years from now for mid to high 30K range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not so sure the 348 Sp

I'm not so sure the 348 Spyders that have been serviced and taken care of will ever hit the 30's....being such a low production..beautiful, timeless design...the 50's seems like where they will bottom till the end of timem imo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going to modify my positi

I am going to modify my position:

If you buy a fairly old Ferrari {328, 348, TR} and keep it well maintained both mechanically and cosmetically, you will probably loose very little money and might even make more money when you sell it than what you paid for it. All depending upon the state of the economy and the state of the car.

If you buy a fairly old Ferrari and treat it like the average teenager treats his Camaro, refer to my previous prediction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts