Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new a/c cotrol unit f

I need a new a/c cotrol unit for my 90 348 ts.Does anyone know of any used ones or were I could get mine repaired.I know of a place that has new ones.($2100) i'am trying not to spend that much

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I may have the same issue. I h

I may have the same issue. I had my AC on and started smelling a burning smell through my vents. It disapated for a while but later in the day I had it happen again. I shut the car for a while and when I went to restart the AC,Heat,Clock area went out. It came back a few minutes later then went out permanently. Any suggestions to what it could be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should check the a/c fuse

You should check the a/c fuse under the front bonnet.Sometimes this fuse blows or the holder melts.I checked these things on mine the are intact.My mechanic says the only thing left is a new unit, or a rebuilt one. I've heard this is very common. good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just very carefully disassem

I just very carefully disassembled two units, cleaned them and put some special non corrosive oil for electronics (just a tiny drop) on the contacts.
Both are OK again. Customer couldn’t believe this repair for his two 348 (TS + GTS)… maybe he thinks I’m an idiot, not charging a few 1000$ for this 10 minute job.

Worth a try!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts