Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my clu

I am looking to replace my clutch on our 92 348 ts. I have done some research and come up with about fifty different part numbers for the clutch, TO bearing, seals, etc.. Does anyone know what the current clutch PN# and accessory PN#'s for a 92 348? Will both the Valeo and AP clutch work on a 92, or are there differences?

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Depending on chassis numbers y

Depending on chassis numbers you may have the twin disc or (newer) single disc clutch. Removing it is no complicated task and takes about 1 hour. Cut off the battery, remove the muffler and 10 bolts later the whole assembly is on the work bench. It is a good idea to re-grease the flywheel while it is out of the car.

If the surrounding parts are in perfect condition, you may have only the drive plate reconditioned with new organic friction material for very little money.
This is often worth a try if you want to limit costs. The clutch is well dimensioned and does not need exotic material, so you may get another 15.000 miles out the old parts before it starts slipping again.
If you go this way, don’t tell the shop it is for a Ferrari, just talk about your high revving kit car. Saves you a small fortune.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts