Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Starting to research buying my

Starting to research buying my dream car. I would like as much info on 348's as I can get. I would be intrested in the best years, common maintenance issues and general owner satisfaction.
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forza #30 had a buyer's gu

Forza #30 had a buyer's guide that answers all those questions. In a nutshell: The spiders are good and the coupes made in the later years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you please post a copy of

Can you please post a copy of the Forza Buyers Guide on the 348. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a scanner, bu

I don't have a scanner, but you can still buy that issue from Forza. Call 415.382.0580 to order $8 each, shipping included.

Any Ferrari fanatic should subscribe. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I may have that issue.

I think I may have that issue. I'll check tonight and see. If I do I will scan and post it.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I don't have it. The

Well, I don't have it. There was a year or two there somewhere where I forgot to renew my subscription. Sorry.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, I have a friend who'

Guys, I have a friend who's looking to buy a 348 cabriolet. He talked to someone who's pretty knowledgable about F cars (but who hasn't owned a 348) and I think he got scared off. Question, if you had it to do over again, would you get a 348 or another model or marque? And, with the cab being a "later" model, had most of the problems of the earlier cars been ironed out by then, or is it still a "time bomb?"
Private responses fine, to [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've owned a 90ts for 3 1/

I've owned a 90ts for 3 1/2 years with no trouble except a O2 senser. It is a great car. What ever your friend buys just make sure it has been maintained

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had my 348 for 15 years

I have had my 348 for 15 years. It is the 17th produced...so it is an early car. All the BS about early cars is just that ......BS. It has been great. I have done everything from track events to cross country drives with it and it has never let me down......and still puts a smile on my face.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I did the research, compa

Well I did the research, compared prices and models,,,looked into maintenance, talked to Ferrari mechanics and finally bought a 1992 Ferrari 348 Speciale (they made 12 in 1992 and 88 in 1993). I've owned Aston Martin, Lotus, Porches,etc. and now I'm really nervous about taking delivery and driving this Ferrari!Maybe it's the front F40 spoiler and I'm afraid of wiping it out on inclines or speed bumps. As it is I have to drive the car on an extreme angle to get it up my driveway....but I measured that since I knew it only had 5-1/2"ground clearance and I cleared that by 2". I guess I'll have to live with it or change out the front spoiler to the spyder model? Since this is my first Ferrari I'm still nervous.....Help!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a rather steep inclind

I have a rather steep inclind on my driveway. To avoid scraping the nose (F355) I have to pull up to the garage on my wife's side of the DW and then serpentine my way into my side as I traverse the break in the slope. On the way out, I have to serpentine my way back out also.

SO, you probably have 3 options:: A) serpentine entry/exit, B) repair nose every other year, C) ignore the problem while under your ownership.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IN DEC.19, 05 AUTOWEEK THERE I

IN DEC.19, 05 AUTOWEEK THERE IS A 1993 348 SPECIALLE. # 72 of 100...only 5600 miles. It says perfect, trades considered.Colorado...Bob S..303-651-9983.I called dealer has no service records, says owner did all the work? Can be seen at www.car.com put in zip code of 80501....go thriough the pages till you get to the 90's...I posted this as a service to all ferrari members....I also own a 348 specialle....he's asking $70,999.a bit too high....if interested do some serious bargaining, he's had it for two months

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've owned my 348 for 2 1/

I've owned my 348 for 2 1/2 years. I just completed the major service including new front crank seal , new water pump , new belts . etc. The only problems I have had were with the alternator going out. I had it rebuilt local for less than 200.00. I would not be afraid to purchase one if the car checks out in appi and you have the cars history in front of you. IMHO the 348 is vastly superior to the 308/328 series

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.