Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a series of photos of t

I took a series of photos of the 355 Skid Plates instalation, showing the ease and fit:

Raise Car enough to facilitate unscrewing the Access Panel, loosen all 6 Phillips retaining screws and remove panel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once Panels are removed, align

Once Panels are removed, align first Skid Plate with Factory fiberglass knub. Once perfectly alignened, drill 2 8.5mm holes in fiberglass using Skid Plate as Hole Alignment Template.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once Alignment is insured and

Once Alignment is insured and holes are drilled install backing plate on the inside fitted to the stainless bolts, install washers and nylock nuts & tighten:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JRV
Just looked at your insta

JRV
Just looked at your installation of skid plates. When I get mine I think there should be no problem. Already told some friends about them they can't wait to see them. Dennis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Dennis,

geeesssshhhhh so

Hi Dennis,

geeesssshhhhh sorry for announcing these plates prematurely....putting the finishing campher on the Titaium Plates is giving me major grief. Have a system developed to do the finish maching in the near future. Sorry again for the hold-up.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JRV

If the Titaium Plates a

JRV

If the Titaium Plates are that much trouble I'll go with the Aluminum Plates. No trouble. Thanks.

Dennis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Guys,

shipped all the se

Hi Guys,

shipped all the sets ordered yesterday, expect to recieve your plates tommorow Fed X.

Thanks for the orders.

Let me know how you like them.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Read an interesting article th

Read an interesting article the other day about how Titanium is the new buzzword for many products, even though they don't actually contain any! LOL

I can personally vouch for the fact that ALL titanium skid plates manufactured and installed by JRV are 100% ACTUAL TITANIUM, and boy, are they tough!!

No actual money has changed hands for this endorsement.

Has anyone seen a yellow car with handprints on it around here? I'm going to look for it down in the "Restoration" section. That's where we keep the interesting stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi JRV,

Recieved the skid p

Hi JRV,

Recieved the skid plates, went on real easy (took about an hour (no lift needed to use dremel to make holes). Look great (they're about 3/4 inch wide on my car but still look great and do the job). Thanks.

Dennis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts