Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 355 Spider, oil pressure

1998 355 Spider, oil pressure and water temperature gauges not operating. Can anyone assist in trouble-shooting these gauges while I wait for my ordered manuals to arrive?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,1-In the engine compartment

Hi,1-In the engine compartment left side under the left side cover near the slow down ECU there is a black multy plug connector, try to open it and clean the connections.
2- check if the two gauges on the dashboard are receiving plus and minus signals.
3- clean the oil pressure and the water temp sender units connections.
4- Check continuity of wiring between sender units and dashboard gauges.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still playing with the

I'm still playing with these gauges, with key on but engine not running there is no voltage across the oil pressure sending unit. When engine is started there is 14.4 volts across this sending unit, (the exact opposite of what I expected). Does anyone have an electrical schematic? I can troubleshoot if I have a diagram

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds correct to me. Why woul

Sounds correct to me. Why would you expect voltage accross the sending unit without the engine running?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With engine off I would expect

With engine off I would expect that the sending unit contacts would be "open", i.e., no voltage to gauges. With engine running I would expect some sort of resistance that lowers as oil pressure builds, allowing more current/voltage to gauges, i.e.higher gauge reading. I just don't know where the voltage is being fed from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.