Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 355 at the shop with

I have a 355 at the shop with the suspention light on. (the yellow light with a picture of the car with the 2 arrows under the wheels). The car was dropped off by the customer with new shocks and the left side actuator supplie by the customer. I installed the 2 rear shocks and the one actuator. But the light is still on.
I took the car for a lengthy road test and the light never went off. I realize that this light will normally come one after the car has been on the hoist. Usually the light goes off as soon as you get faster then 40mph.

What I'm wondering is if the wrong component was diagnosed from the dealer. Know doubt it needed the actuator (broken inside)but could this cause that light to be on steady? Or do I need to send the car up to the dealer so they can reset the actuators with their equipment.

I tried disconnecting the battery...no luck
I removed the right front actuator to check the position of the valve controler itself,and it was about half way between it's travel. I checked the right rear and it was also the same. So I set the one that I replaced in the same spot..but the light is still on.

fuses in both panels are good and all the fuses by the heater box under the front carpet are good aswell.

Any ideas what I need to do to get this thing set propperly?

I really think it needs to go to the dealer..but I'm open to other ideas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tom,

Hmmmmmm.....these s

Hi Tom,

Hmmmmmm.....these shocks/controllers have given me grief in the past also.

Unless you want to go thru the PITA time consuming steps of checking every actuator and every wire connection and ground wire ohming everything out, I'd send it to the dealer.
Or you can call Algar parts and see what part of the system sells the most, maybe that would give you a heads up on system issues.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JRV. I booked an appoin

Thanks JRV. I booked an appointment at the dealer for friday. For some reason I beleive that they must be "zeroed". But I think this can only be done by the dealer with the sd2. I bet I could get lucky if I played with it,but I don't have that kind of time...(boy I wish I did!!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts