Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to start the Boxer and di

Went to start the Boxer and discovered the battery dead. Pulled the lever to "pop" the front lid to charge the battery and only the right side popped open. Left side stayed locked tight. Looked for the emergency lanyard but cannot find one. There are emergency lanyards for the rear lid but cannot find ones for the front. Everyone tells me there has to be an emergency way to open the front lid. The owner's manual does not show one. I am told that all of the 365 Boxers were proto-types and no 2 are alike. I believe it.
Does anyone know how to get the lid open if there are no emergency cables or lanyards?

Dave Montgomery...17929

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On the right underdash of my 5

On the right underdash of my 512BB is a emergency cable, doesn't work that great though. may be the opposite depending if your car is LHD or RHD which my car is

You might take off the release lever and inspect it, my rear had a crack in the cable holder causing a problem as the cable would not get full movement

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David,

They are there. The

David,

They are there. They are buried and tucked deep up under the dash wiring. There is one on each side ending in a small loop. I had to hunt a while to find them but they are there unless someone has removed them which is unlikely.

Drew Altemara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geez David,

I was just in S

Geez David,

I was just in Socal when you posted your message...On the 365, the front emergency bonnet release is tucked up behind the "mini storage box" on the far left hand side of the dash.

Regards,
David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts