Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my work for the restor

This is my work for the restoration of 365BB's engine in Japan.

The vehicle is the 1974 model with right steering wheel that I purchased for 36500 GBP�i��6500) from Duncan Hamilton & Co. in May, 2004. According to the claim of a shop, the mileage from a new car is 7900 miles. The inside of the engine was able to confirm that the condition was similar to brand-new when I completely dismantled it.

It is a state of the restoration of bolts and nuts as follows. I was able to recycle most parts, but 12 sleeves, the valve sheet and the valve guide had been re-produced newly. I asked for a revision of curve of the crankshaft. The work depended on a garage of Sony Furuya who was a pupil of Bob Wallace. In addition, the time required for the cosmetic restoration which was mostly a DIY-work for all parts was approximately 350 hours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AWESOME!!!

Thanks for shari

AWESOME!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Did you do any work to the rest of the car?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a lot for everyone. I a

Thanks a lot for everyone. I am glad to hear your message and am honored to have you praise me.

My car itself is in the middle of restoration of bolts and nuts. It seems not to be really hard to restore the chassis since I could not find any serious rust on it.

However body has been over sprayed by urethane paint. I am planning to repaint by acrylic lacquer. Not like the States, the system of restoration does not establish here in Japan; therefore, it is hard for me to do any kinds of work.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts