Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a 1984 512BBi...as red as it c

a 1984 512BBi...as red as it can be. The 365GTC4 came real real close. Theres a black C4 available at Cauley Ferrari in Michigan for $53.5K for anyone looking. Theyre nice folks.

The BBi is a local CA car, DMV certified, 25K miles and pampered to the max. Runs like a scalded dog. As the previous thread mentioned I'm 6'2 but I still found the cockpit comfortable... cozy even. The ergonomics are good. The term "a 308 done up right and on steroids" comes to mind. Unlike the 308 the secondary gauges, for example, are thoughtfully placed and easily read.

As for the C4's I drove I found them pretty much as described herein. Very grand V12 Ferrari's, wonderful sound, nice handling. A stately high speed cruiser. The BBi is ANYTHING but sedate.
My thanks to all who advised me from the group.
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Steve: I am taking a break fr

Steve: I am taking a break from re-building my BBi distributor (with David's help), to congratulate on your purchase.......nice to have another Boxer owner in this group.

I find this forum the BEST for Boxer owners.....or TR owners.......or..............!!!!

Now, next week, when your problems start........just kidding. haha!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats, that would have been

Congrats, that would have been my choice as well.
Where did you find it?
What so you mean,"as red as it could be"?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
found it through a private sal

found it through a private sale from a collector down in San Diego.
As for the 'red as it could be' quip: A couple of years back at the Palm Springs concours I was admiring a blue Ferrari there...very nice albeit rare color. I said something about it to the owner and she sniffed:"oh yes, well ANYONE can have one in red!"
When I first saw my Boxer in the sunlight it was the reddest Ferrari red I have ever seen. I guess what that lady said has a bit of truth to it. I once heard that 70% of the cars coming out of the factory are red. Still... I'm not complaining.
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts