Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting my search for a

I am starting my search for a 456. This will be my second ferrari, so I know the joys and money involved in maintenence. I would like to know what to look out for in these cars. I have read about the windows not closing properly, but are there any other common problems? Does anyone have an idea what price range an 456 would be if it is up-to-date on all services (belts, fluids, etc). Is the production of the 612 going to drive down the prices of the 456 dramatically over the next few years? Does anyone know how many of these were produced?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The windows on early cars reqi

The windows on early cars reqiure the new window regulators and instalation. Close to $2500.00 p&l.

Otherwise all the 456's I service have been relitively trouble free with no major breakdowns or issues.

I'm sure they'll continue to depreciate some as all the 4 seaters do...but it shouldn't be drastic as the cars look nice and hall pretty well.

Haven driven a number of them I like them!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear the automatic tranny is

I hear the automatic tranny is very expensive to fix. I'd prefer a stick anyways.

456 is a bargain in my book- great looks for the buck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason

I recently bought a 4

Jason

I recently bought a 456m GT my second Fcar also. Great GT car, the torque and power is amazing but very civiliized in delivery. A completely different animal and a great compliment to the to the V8's Ferraris. The 95 GT's can be had in low to mid seventies for a "good" car with average miles(less than 30k. Yes you can get them in the 60's but most of them will have stories.

Check out ferrarichat.com. You will find all the info you need about 456 and what to look out for by doing a few searches for 456.

The 95's have well documented problems with poor window seals, poor quality of interior plastics that warp/bubble especially around the gear shift area. Some 95's also can have valve guide problems. I would make sure to have a leakdown and compression check as part of the PPi on any 456 I was considering.

I agree with Paul, these cars are "the" bargain in Fcar market right now. And if you want to include the family there are few other 2+2 options.

Finally, the price spread between the early 456m and early 456's keeps getting smaller. If you can consider a 456m it is a far better car imo especially the interior which is a vast improvement over the early 456's and for me was worth the extra $$. One thing I wish they had continued on the M was the old style hood with the reverse air vents. They never should have got rid of these.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input. From w

Thanks for your input. From what you wrote it seems that the 456 is a solid car. I think I will look for an M version, first, then expand to early 456s if necessary.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a collection of 456 quo

i have a collection of 456 quotes from hundreds of posts on ferrarichat.com if it would help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found one. 1995 456. 23K m

I found one. 1995 456. 23K miles. Green. Bought it yesterday. Should get it in 3-4 weeks. Thank you all for your input.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi.......

No entry in Buyer

Hi.......

No entry in Buyers Guide for 456 Ferrari. Any experts out there with more information ??

Frank....23005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Look on ferrarichat.com under

Look on ferrarichat.com under the 456 section. I posted dealer auction prices under the thread "1997 Ferrari 456GTA 16k mls Value". It is probably on page 4-5. Hope that helps.

js

1 - 12 of 12 Posts