Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a 2003 456M GTA--but I have heard that the 456 models have a recommended engine upgrade involving the cylinder heads and/or valves which (of course) is extremely expensive.

I can't find anything more about that. Am I just plain wrong or am I thinking about another Ferrari model? Needless to say I don't want to buy a used Ferrari only to have it eat me alive in maintenance costs. Can anyone help? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
456M upgrade

From the lack of forum response there is no recommended software upgrade. Unfortunately, I sold the car about 2 years ago and with it went the service records. But if I recall it was quite expensive over 10k. Sorry I can’t be more help. Nice car but overheating issues driving in Arizona made it expendible.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Eventually you need to sell the car. I usually consult the internet to resolve the issues of my car. Whoever bought it will surely love it, but then again that person still need to spend a couple of bucks to fix things up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not finding more info about that engine upgrade usually means almost no one have done it. It really sounds expensive and a long process. A nieghbor here used to have a GTA project and he sold he against the expense of modding it. Now he got this new Silverado project and I recently helped him install the suspension and headache rack from 4Wheelonline. He's very pleased with the truck and glad to move on from the GTA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts