Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I had been noticin

Hi Guys,

I had been noticing over the past few months that the car has been having some slight hesitation at low speeds, misfiring and popping a bit from a standstill, then smoothing out. Had it out last night and all was fine. Took it out today and five min down the road (but warmed up in the driveway first) it just stalled at a light - never did that before. I tried restarting it and it backfired loudly, caught and stumbed, then died again. I also noticed the whine of what I think is the msd being more apparent than usual as the idle was stumbling around - perhaps just me. I looked in the engine compartment and wiggled the obvious connections, started it and it idled fine. Took it back on the street and it died again, seconds later. Restarted it and it ran fine for a few min, then died again around a lowspeed turn. Started it, another LOUD backfire, then it was OK until I got it home 5 min later. I am thinking this is ignition-related, maybe the MSD box or coil, neither were replaced while I have owned the car.

Thanks,
Ted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good day Ted,

You may also

Good day Ted,

You may also wish to check the fuel pump fuses as well. Mine was acting strange and finally it just stopped. Fortunately I noticed that the pumps were not working and quickly checked the fuses... Low and behold, they were oxidixed. A bit of a cleanup and I was good to go. I really have to complete my new BB fuse block design, as this old bullet style fuses really suck.

Cheers,

Sam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts