Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
surprised no one posted on the

surprised no one posted on the 550 M thread. The best front engined Ferrari I have ever driven. Fast, powerful, comfortable, sturdy, beautiful and one Ferrari that can simply be driven every day of the year anywhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'v never driven a Maranel

I'v never driven a Maranello. What is the feel and sound like compared to some of the older cars like the Daytona? Don't take this wrongly, but I would be worried that it just would not get the juices flowing for a weekend drive like the older cars. Looking forward to what you have to say.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Driving one is like a dream...

Driving one is like a dream...lots of power, hugs the road, stiff suspension, no rattles (
) no squeaks, radio that you can hear, a/c that is cold, and I mean cold...I have driven mine 500 + miles in one day and the last hour was as much fun as the first. It definitely is not passive driving. I cant say I had driven my daytonas any longer than 2 hours without tiring. The noise is nice, but tubis on the maranello bridge the quiet gap. To me, the luxury or the creature comforts of the maranello are what a modern sports car needs to be..strictly a personal choice reflective of my age I suppose

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a British magazine tha

I found a British magazine that described the Maranello as "Everything- minus Nothing" and "You will arrive refreshed". And the man who delivered my 550 from Arizona told me that it's the most comfortable Ferrari he's ever been in (he compared it to mid-engined models, which he described as hot and noisy). At speed, I've found mine to be a little loose at 110-120 and then exceptionally stable above that-- to 150. Cornering at 110-120 is incredible, with SPORT setting engaged.
My car's web page is
http://www.LaserRadio.com/550.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is my grigio 550, i love

here is my grigio 550, i love the car. I think it is def. the best car i have ever driven. It handles better than my 355, VERY fast, comfortable, the list goes on. I think it is one of the best ferraris made. i love this car....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts