Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what a 77 308

i was wondering what a 77 308 gtb carb car with around 40k miles would be worth its a two owner car with very good history,body and interior is very good

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It depends on how tough the Sm

It depends on how tough the Smog laws are, where you live. I have a 308 GTSi, and live in California. I would hate to have to get a weber'd car passed here. Beyond that, car is worth 25-35k with no rust. Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid $29,500 seven years ago

I paid $29,500 seven years ago for a 1977 308GTB, 30K miles

I paid $25,000 last May for a 1977 308GTB, 29K miles...

It's really more about maintenance and condition actually. Two owners, as my second one was is definately getting hard to find! Remember also that given age a few rough edges to be expected and "part of the deal" more or less.

As Gary noted some states are becoming hard to maintain smog check, but a good tuning mine always passed, before going exempt in Texas.

Books, Tools, Service records all there, your favorite color, all these things would add to a great buy anywhere below $30K IMO.....but I'm obviously biased! LOL!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1977 is a definate turning poi

1977 is a definate turning point in 308GTB series, if you do not know......

Last year non cat, good cam profiles, several other points. Only the glass 1976 cars or a Euro dry sump version, tops them in desireability.

They wont be making any more of them. LOL!

Throw out some details on yours....color....VIN?
If you like it, make an offer. 40K is still low for honest mileage after all. Think he'd take 25 26K? You are passed 30K Major Service at this point but well on your way to the next one at 45K miles, valve adjustment (Shims) fuel lines check and timing belt/tensioner inspection (but maybe not replaced)...these are critical procedures..let me know if you need the schedule, if missing books!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the car shows that well &#4

If the car shows that well (rereading post) I'd have no hesitation going to $30K. Cavalino shows top money for the steel cars as $35, last I checked.

I know of a 1976 red/tan glass car at $39K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts