Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went for a long drive the othe

went for a long drive the other day and for the first time i noticed a problem when i had to stop for a red light. the brake pedal became hard not allowing me to push the pedal down to start slowing down and the car had trouble stopping!!! this only happened about 3 times or so during the drive. i checked the brake fluid that seems fine. how can i tell if the problem is the master cylinder or power booster? what do i look for. please help im afraid to drive the car until i find out what is going on. thanks for your time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It happened to me once, and it

It happened to me once, and it was the brake booster, it was'nt getting enough vaccum to help pull the brake pedal down it was very very stiff. replaced the booster and everything was back to normal. Check all your vaccum hose for leaks, loose clamps, crack and even pinch hose that goes from the booster to the manifold.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there anyway to test the un

Is there anyway to test the unit? I just dont want to replace it if i dont have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.