Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.

i was out for a

hello all.

i was out for a drive today and when i got home i noticed my engine compartment smoking. i soon realized it was antifreeze leaking from under the water pump. The thing is the pump was not indicating that it was going bad. It did not make any screaching noice or anything and the dash guages were all reading normal. Is it possible that the pump is shot or is there a rubber hose behind the pump that may have broke? im just alittle confused since the pump was not making any noise. what could the problem be? thanks for your time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The pump can only do two thing

The pump can only do two things, iether makes noise which means the bearing is bad, which your did'nt or
leak water which means the seal is bad, so look under the pump an see if there is a sign of leak in that little hole under the pump, if not, then one of the hoses might have crack or have a hole.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
today i replaced the water pum

today i replaced the water pump with a rebuilt pump. replaced the antifreeze and ran the car. the rebuilt pump still leaks from the weep hole. it isnt leaking to bad just a few trickles here and there nothing constant like the old pump. there are 2 weep holes it is only leaking from the one closest to the engine. not the hole next to the pully. could it be leaking because there is air in the system or is the rebuilt pump defective?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slim chance the seal needs to

Slim chance the seal needs to set in.

Better chance that the pump needs to be rebuilt again.

The one piece seal should take care of this problem for a long time. Properly installed the seal shouldn't leak enough to be seen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i decided to drive the car for

i decided to drive the car for about 10 miles or so. came back home and let the car run for about 15 minutes and never took my eye off the water pump. i did not see one drop of water leaking anywhere. if it was defective wouldnt it leak all the time? now it seems to be ok. anyone ever heard of this? thanks for your time corey-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.