Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my 84 GTB QV &#

Just purchased my 84 GTB QV (US model, 24K miles) last week and love it, my first Ferrari.
First, the car would not start after driving it awhile (Hot start problem) and it would not run smoothly, a definite lope in the idle. When driving the car it will hesitate under load, mostly accurs at lower rpms 1K-4K but still occurs at higher rpm. After reading through this great site I determined that it was one of four things and replaced them all this weekend. Replaced plugs, replaced plug wires, replaced fuel accumulator, replaced fuel pump valve. Cleaned points and looked very carefully at the spark plug extenders to make sure they were not burned through, no holes found. Looked at the vaccum lines for cracks and they look great. Also the fuel pump runs great.
I am now at a loss because all the above did not make a difference. I was sure that the accumulator was the hot start problem but it would not start tonight after a 30 minute drive but fired right up after letting it sit for 30 minutes. Could it be the coils? can the crankshaft position sensor or flywheel sensor cause this? After the car sits for awhile it fires up great but still hesitates. It hesitates more when it is cold though and gets better when it warms up. I had never driven a 308 before so I am not sure what to compare it to but it does seem down on power. The car does not smoke and still has the cat. converter on it. Any information or advice would be great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brian, Welcome to F-Talk &

Brian, Welcome to F-Talk & I commend your use of the archives!!

If possible take an Exhaust Gas Reading from the plug on the front side of the Cat. Also we need to know if the Frequency Valve at the Fuel Distributor is working? When working it(FV) makes a distinct humming noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.