Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its occurred to me during my l

Its occurred to me during my latest search for a new addition to the collection that, thanks to the internet, long distance buying of Ferrari's (and for that matter other collector cars) has become much more commonplace. As such, it would be very helpful if members here could list and rate various Ferrari shops and dealers with whom they have dealt... both the good experiences and the not so good. Is such a list possible?
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While such a list is possible,

While such a list is possible, could one really be fair? "I'm Happy" or "I'm Not Happy" is Soooooo subjective....

I've had cases where the customer "wasn't happy"...so he decided to go elsewhere...to come back a year or so later and mosy in and say Hi...can I bring my car in.....

So if such a list existed with the "I'm Not Happy" post...it could remain as a negative for a long time and suddenly one day the persons opinion could change...would that person really go back across the internet and undo the negatives he/she has posted here and there?

So imo the fairness and accuracy of such lists really comes into question.

Thinking about it, there's even days I get mad at myself...

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough! Two solutions: f

Fair enough! Two solutions: first is to limit the list to positive endorsements from members (which in and of itself would be a big help) and second is to add a stern warning that one must think twice before rendering a negative comment. Whereas people have certainly been known to speak (post) on impulse we in the Ferrari community have the right (and perhaps even the obligation) to warn other members off of unscrupulous dealers and garages.
I've noticed that a fair amount of traffic here comes from newbies to the Ferrari community. Buying my first Ferrari was a nervewracking experience. As it happened it turned out well. However, had I gotten burned...
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steven

sure don't get m

Steven

sure don't get me wrong..I fully agree with the premise ... it's the fairness angle that I haven't be able to figure a solution too.

And yes buying or servicing a Ferrari CAN be a nerve wracking and even wallet wrecking experience. Horror stories are numerous.

I don't have a problem with such a category except my reservations as noted.

It would be nice if enough members would chime in on this subject so a community consensous could be formed. I don't view this as "my" board but rather the "communities" board so I really don't like to make changes without broader input so that the board is useful & helpful to the largest cross section of members.

We have some of the top tech guys in the country posting here already so the ability to get second opinions on service or purchase already exists if one feels the need. If we need additional categories to fill other needs I'm all ears and would like to hear from the community.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be better to address

It might be better to address the individual situation with each post, such as..."I'm looking at an '04 Flip, flop and fly that's over at Midnight Motors, anyone have experience with them"
rather than try to attach subjective ratings to every dealer in the world.

My .02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Post 100, JR!

Can we bake a

Post 100, JR!

Can we bake a cake, or should we just meet at Happy Hour?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts