Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in negotiations to buy a

I was in negotiations to buy a 348 when it was sold behind my back. I had a PPI done on the car last Friday and I was very close to buying it by this weekend. When I called the owner of the car tonite he told me the car was sold today to one of his neighbors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this getting old for anyone

Is this getting old for anyone else?

Spend another grand and get a car already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's getting extremely old

It's getting extremely old. You've been offered cars here on the board for reasonable prices, just quit bottomfeeding. Alternatively, quit whining.

If you're whinging over 4 or 5 grand in the purchase process, you're going to be crying when it's time to maintain the car...

(and yes, I've been here a while, just can't remember my old account's password)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I smell BS on this and have fo

I smell BS on this and have for a long time,quit wasting everyones time here. If you like a car why let a few thousand get in the way? I've never had a problem buying a car that I like, I just work with the seller till we are both happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to agree with everyone

I have to agree with everyone here Donaciano.
You have asked for a lot of advice, yet you have never registered. ???????
Also, when you get to the point on a car where you are investing in a PPI you should put a deposit on the car so that you have the first right to buy it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>>when you get to the

>>when you get to the point on a car where you are investing in a PPI you should put a deposit on the car so that you have the first right to buy it.<<

Hmmmmm....I agree & disagree at the same time with that way of looking at it.

Certianly sellers can get tired of flakes yanking their chain...the flip side is, cautious buyers (scared) can be hestitant to put money on an unknown, especially if a car or two has been previously misrepresented.

BS or not I think donacianco has offered us a window into a Ferrari buying experience from someone only somewhat commited to owning a Ferrari vs just owning something COOL!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the past I have gotten alot

In the past I have gotten alot of good advice from the people on this board and I appreciate it. What I don't appreciate are some members on this board putting me down and questioning my credibility. I came on this website to try to learn about Ferrari cars and the experiences that go with that. I don't need to be abused in the process.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL! Ferrari ownership is ALL

LOL! Ferrari ownership is ALL ABOUT ABUSE, see?

The guy selling is gonna get top dollar for a used overblown machine of marginal build quality, parts will be outrageous, good service is really hard to find and few and far between, and the general population will view you as a privelidged snob as you drive down the road.

Welcome to FerrariWorld, dude.

Glad we could have this little talk.

The flip side would be to search out an Owner who had lovingly maintained his machine, pay his asking price, and roll down the road with a minimal amount of financial exposure to the next looming mechanical disaster! It's called buying the service records as well as the car.

Have you thought about a 308GT4? Or a brand new Elise??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The kids at the school bus sto

The kids at the school bus stop all cheer and wave when I leave for work every morning.

That's worth something, and you don't get that with a Camaro......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rule #1 in the used Ferrari ma

Rule #1 in the used Ferrari market is this:

The first guy to the seller's door with earnest money wins.

A good car fairly priced in today's market will not last very long. But dude, there a THOUSANDS of these late model cars on the market right now.

People trading up in the collector market, dot.com busts bailing out of high end leases, geez I'll be seeing a row of 360s at Autonation, anyday now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alan,

I have to disagree wi

Alan,

I have to disagree with you about the Camaro. I used to own a 1969 rally sport convertible. That car got more attention than all 3 of my Porsches!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL!

We may be about the sa

LOL!

We may be about the same age!

1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible Ram Air 400CI here.

I remember a girl jumping into it at the beach uninvited once, like a mullet leaping into the boat, offshore.

Best of luck in your search...just had to editorialize a little this AM, as I hand over a few weeks pay for a clutch job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JRV, I agree with what you say

JRV, I agree with what you say as far as a deposit, the problem is if a buyer is hesitant, or as you say, scared they are probably not ready to buy.

Donaciano, It is a very daunting experience to go through the procees of buying a Ferrari whether it is across the street or across the country.
As far as your comments concerning the Camaro I agree. My son and I followed a 69 SS convertible for a couple miles the other day and we could not keep our eyes off of it.
Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alan - The kids cheer when you

Alan - The kids cheer when you leave for work? Your kids? Maybe they are trying to tell you something.

Jim S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, my kids have all been spir

No, my kids have all been spirited away to various parts of the country by bitter ex-gf's and wives. In some cases I paid them dearly to leave me alone! LOL!

I mean the NEIGHBORHOOD kids, the little bambinos flooding across the Rio Grande, in a tidal wave of undocumented humanity.

THOSE kids! They love the World's Fastest Art Car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It waves back to them, see?

It waves back to them, see?

Wow, a free pic posted on the internet. Amazing.

Thanks JRV!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm, interesting paint job :-

Hmmm, interesting paint job :) What is the history behind doing that to the 308?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Donaciano,

I wouldn't c

Donaciano,

I wouldn't call it abuse. Not registering, for one, is suspect. Having two members approach you with cars that fit the profile in the price range you mentioned and you not posting back is also suspect. Why not pursue them. They are members of the board which means you could start the relationship off with great rapport. You also set parameters on the conditions of the car and against better judgement go chase a car that has been sitting for close to a decade before considering the cars I mentioned earlier. That is also most definitely suspect.

Given the internet's inherent anonimity I think the community has been quite representative of the helpful and supportive environment it has been known for. Nevertheless not heeding the very advice you asked for and complaining about the impossibility of purchasing a Ferrari due to it's community and owners is the most suspect of all. I'm thankful people in this site spend the time and candor to help all of us out. Time is valuable and they volunteer it. If patience runs a bit thin it is you who has to give the community the benefit of the doubt. I must say that your posts have reflected very erratic behaviour for someone who is really motivated to attain "a dream".

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tony C.....that's The Worl

Tony C.....that's The World's Fastest Art Car, as seen in Cavallino #133.

A father/daughter project by my daughter, Amanda and son, Scott. It puts us into Art Car weekend here in Houston, and also Austin. The biggest party you'd EVER want to see...it also involves outreach to schools etc. where lots of kids get fired up to create car related art!

Thanks for asking. We've done it for five years, a respray may convert us back to a "normal" Ferrari soon. All things must pass......

It's been a most amazing experience however...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alan,

Good for you! It&#39

Alan,

Good for you! It's nice that your whole family can enjoy the car and help others also at the same time! We need more people like you in this world.

Congrats that is sooo good to hear.

--tony

1 - 20 of 25 Posts