Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Fly Yellow one, bu

I have a 99 Fly Yellow one, but I do not see much traffic here about 355s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Vincent, nice to meet you.

Hi Vincent, nice to meet you. I am surprised that we are the only ones. If it is the one in your profile, it is very mean looking. black wheels :)
What year? How many miles?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there are quite a few 355 owne

there are quite a few 355 owners here according to the member logs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony,

thanks, the car in my

Tony,

thanks, the car in my profile is my ex-348 Ts. here is a pic of the 355.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very sharp Vincent! Here is my

Very sharp Vincent! Here is my car :

Have you had any nagging problems with yours?

--tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a picture of me excerc

Here is a picture of me excercising the car as designed.

Mitch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mitch and welcome! You have

Hi Mitch and welcome! You have really helped me tune my suspension in the past. I am still trying to make my car perfect. I have a few more things to take care of like the little black triangles that you close the doors with. Mine are bubbling, it looks like rust under the paint. Only $700 each from Ferrari. I can not repaint them because the rubber seems to be melted on and I would ruin them if I removed it. I also had a cat start to make noise last week. So now I am in the market for new ones. And the usual leather shrinkage problem. I feed my leather every month, but I do drive the car almost everyday to work so it does get some sun :)

I would like to find out what others have done about these issues.

Anyway, welcome again!
--tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Tony, I have a 99 355F1, I&

Hi Tony, I have a 99 355F1, I'm the guy who answered your post about the alarm siren. Did you ever resolve it?
If you got a new one and don't want the old one I would love to have a shot at it.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Dave! Good to hear from you

Hi Dave! Good to hear from you. I kinda resolved the problem. BTW, thanks for your help. I received so much help, I forgot to thank a lot of people. I did fix the siren, it was just rust on the contacts.... but then.... I lost the darn wiring harness!

Damn, I have been kicking myself ever since.

I ordered one from Lyle Tanner about two months ago. Paid $75 for it. I called Lyle today and he said Oh Sh*t, I will ship one tomorrow off of a 348. We will see...

Anyway, I could use the wires and connecters from a computer power supply to make a new harness. From what I remember it was not much different :)

Please have a look at
http://www.ferrari-talk.com/discus/messages/30/4554.html?1084288603

It is a write-up in the technical section of this website.

--tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
99' 355B

I can't be

99' 355B

I can't believe there are no takers to convoy out to Monterey for a weekend, are all these cars garage queens? LOL

I've reserved an extra room at the Monterey Beach Resort just in case anyone decides to brave it. I have to cancel it by 10 July so let me hear from you soon!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Michael,
I live just outsi

Hi Michael,
I live just outside Monterey, if you ever do get a convoy (even of one car :) Let me know. I drive my car almost everyday to work. I know there are at least 5 other F-cars in my neighborhood, but I have never seen them on the road.
--tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Michael Tony,

We're doi

Michael Tony,

We're doing a run out to Yosemite this weekend. Metting at the intersection of 120 and 108 at 11:00 on Sat.

Vincent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Tony, I am registered t

Thanks Tony, I am registered to exhibit at the Concorso Italiano the 13th of August and unless the creek rises I'll be there.
So far it's looking like it will just be a convoy of one and I imagine I'll be busy scrubbing off bugs but stop by. I'm the silver 355 with a Texas plate.
I will be around all weekend, Saturday at the Historics and PB on Sunday. I plan to play some golf on Monday, and then head back to Texas on Tuesday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vincent, Thanks for the offer,

Vincent, Thanks for the offer, Yosemite is a little outside the range I can do on short notice :). Have a great drive!

Hi Mhedger and welcome to F-talk. Let's try to get F-talk members together in August. I have not looked into the concorse yet. What condition does your car have to be in to enter it?

thanks,
--tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tony, this is straight from th

Tony, this is straight from the website:
"Concorso Italiano is not a formally judged concours. All that is required is that your car be in clean condition. The "Best of Show" trophy is awarded based on the sole discretion of the Concorso's Official Judging Team. A "Best in Marque" trophy is also awarded."

My car is certainly not in Concours condition but I'm proud enough of it to show it off. Besides, exhibitors get the best parking, entrance to the hospitality tent and it only costs $20 more than a spectators ticket. You do have to get there between 7:00 & 8:30 a.m. and stay until 4:30 p.m.

I am all for getting a group of folks (355 owners?) together that weekend, just let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi 355ers:
My baby is having

Hi 355ers:
My baby is having some work done at Pinnacle (see "fixing the Alamo's toys" tread).
Greetings
VS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the "Concorso Italian" information. I may attend and bring my car. I am going to try to get in using a few local connections first before signing up officially.

--tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<font face="arial,helvetic

<font face="arial,helvetica">
</font>Looking forward to meeting you there.

We are staying at the Monterey Beach resort .... any good?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts