Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All our Prayers go out to the

All our Prayers go out to the many members here from LA & the South Coast!!!

Hope Everyone is OK and will let us know how you are doing when you can!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have heard from most of the

I have heard from most of the New Orleans guys...

Kelly, Dave, and Richard........they have a lot more sunshine in the yard, with the trees removed.

Some pretty harrowing tales are coming out of the towntown areas. They dodged the actual storm, then a levee collapsed, and flooded them ANYWAY!

Sad, very sad. Best wishes to all.

Biloxi is pretty much destroyed. Thirty years of developments lost. Thirty people washed to sea, from one complex alone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm living in a Best Weter

I'm living in a Best Wetern in San MArcos Texas right now. I'm hoping to be able to get back to Mandeville maybe end of the week or early next week

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frank!!!! I have two spare roo

Frank!!!! I have two spare rooms here in Houston. They are yours if you need them.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great Idea Jeremy!!!

I also

Great Idea Jeremy!!!

I also have 2 spare rooms at my house if anyone needs them!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeremy and JRV Thank you so mu

Jeremy and JRV Thank you so much for the offers. Daniel Pass from Ricambi America also offered us shelter at his house. We are so deeply touched by the outpouring of sympathy and offers of help and shelter words just can not express. I just found out that my house fared very well not even a broken window just some fence boards down. My next door neighbor was not so fortunate he has a tree that went into his house and my Port Director told me he found out he is living in a atrium a tree went right down the center of his house. Again we can not express how much we appreciate all the offers of help esp. from Texas . We stopped in Tyler on the way here and were trying to find a room. I have my moter , 7 year old , 91 year old aunt and my cavalier king charles spaniel(Princess Francesca Ferrari) with me. I'm also traveling with my godchilds family. 4 kids and 3 more adults anyway while I was inside looking for a room a lady went and told my mother and aunt she heard people were at hotels and could not find shelter so she was looking for people to come stay at her house and that us and the dogs were welcome to come stay with her, another stranger we met in Applebees today brought us clothes for the kids and asked us over to her house for a Bar B Que this Sunday. I truly believe we have met some angels this week. We are so lucky in that we were able to leave and have met such wonderful people along the way. Again thank you all so much for the offers of shelter. Hopefully we are going to return to Mandeville on Sunday and get set up with the generators. My wife and I are also fortunate in that we still have jobs. She is at Ochsner Hospital in Metaire working as I type this and I work for US Customs in Gulfport , MS. So while I don't know when the port of gulfport will reopen I know at least that I will have a place to retuurn to work. Again thank you all and God Bless you all

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is very touching Frank. I

That is very touching Frank. It is good to know that in times like these we can all come together. We are all in this world together. If any of your Louisiana group (family/friends) needs a helping hand, don't hesitate to call on us.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kelly needs help at his place,

Kelly needs help at his place, gang!

I am unable to respond at this time, however.
A lot on my plate at the house, myself..

Anyone handy with a chain saw??????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in Fairhope AL, east shor

I am in Fairhope AL, east shore mobile bay we did ok here, I have heard Monte Shallet is ok and in Birmingham, I talked to Jim Lindsey, he is ok and will reopen his shop Monday the 19th

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alan,

Donny Bridges and

Alan,

Donny Bridges and Paul Weimer will be over at Kelly's house this weekend helping with the tree removal. And the report is that Kelly's house is in good shape as is his Ferrari.

JL

(Message edited by f512m on September 16, 2005)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good!

I felt so bad not to

Good!

I felt so bad not to go myself, but am neck deep in relief efforts here in Houston.

We'll be in Baton Rouge Oct. 1 as an Art Car, we'll go down and help then if he still needs it............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts