Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a shop to

Can anyone recommend a shop to rewind an armature for a fan motor. The radiator fan motor for my Daytona quit and the local starter shop has traced it to the armature.

NOS is quite expensive. But I am advised the armature can be rewound for under $100.

This is a 3-eared Marelli motor.

I found a couple of internet sites that deal in rewinding small 12V motors but like most of us would feel more comfrotable if someone had a recommendation or experience with a particular vendor. There are none here locally.

Yes, I do want to keep it stock. I don't need any more cooling. The Daytona runs very cool as it is.

Appreciate any leads.

Drew Altemara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Drew I had my 3 Lucas fan moto

Drew I had my 3 Lucas fan motors for my BB rebuilt by my ex gfs dads alternator rebuilding shop, they actually had some old Lucas fans with similar armetures but slightly different models which worked for one of mine.Don't know if Daytonas use the same motors though.

The local Ferrari repair shops use them and so does the Ferrari Wynn if you are interested I can get you their contact info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff,

I just need th

Thanks Jeff,

I just need the names of some competent shops that do this.

Drew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally found a place to rew

I finally found a place to rewind my armature. They did a great job for $55. I thought I would post it here for reference.

Holcombe Armature Co.
905 Rockmart Rd.
Villa Rica, GA 30180
770-459-5544

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats!

I may send them m

Congrats!

I may send them my 308GTB fan then .........I could not locate anyone here to do it!

New fan was more......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to take it apart and

You need to take it apart and just send the armature. They do gddo cost effective work.

Drew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.