Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I get around to posti

Finally, I get around to posting a photo....

1976 308 GTB, Rosso Cordoba (one of six 308s that came out of the factory throughout all years of production in this color). I got the car this past summer after a two-year search for a good, unmolested pre-cat 308 and finally found one. Car was (almost!)completely mechanically restored (at previous owner's expense), everything original (except door mirror), radio was never added either! Runs like new....

Thanks JRV and everyone for all your help so far as I take care of the few details that were left out during it's last shop visit.

Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Absolutely stunning 308, Antho

Absolutely stunning 308, Anthony -- especially in that color! Thanks for sharing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Antony,

Beautiful car, B

Hi Antony,

Beautiful car, Beautiful color. Do you have any more info or historical data on Rosso Cordoba?

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi JRV,

I know Rosso Cordob

Hi JRV,

I know Rosso Cordoba was a color choice in the '60s and '70s (in Blumel's V-12 book it is listed as one of the color choices on the 275 ,365 etc.). I have seen a 246 in this color also (in a photo). It was not an "official" color on the 308, but was apparently was available as a special order.

The factory informed me that six 308s and three 512s were ordered in Rosso Cordoba throughout all production years of these models.

Thanks for the comments,

Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great car, great color!

One

Great car, great color!

One question - how did you find out how many they made of that color? Would love to find that out for my color 328 - Blu Chiaro.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, Barry. It has a lot in

Thanks, Barry. It has a lot in common with yours - it's a really original early 308.

The paint is very presentable, but when up close you can see its limitations - the original owner had a sloppy respray done in the eighties - on certain parts only. It actually has some of it's original paint (panels beneath the trim line and in the rear). I cleaned up the paint somewhat as indicated in the photo.

Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice color. great shape. The r

Nice color. great shape. The rear emblem said GTS but it is a GTB? Still is a great car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 308 GTS is a great car, bu

The 308 GTS is a great car, but nothing beats the lines on a GTB. You vehicle is absolutlely georgous..
I love the color.
Enjoy her
Ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone for your comme

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Patpong, the rear emblem says "GTB" - hard to tell in my not-so-good photo! : )

Thanks,

Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anthony, what is the productio

Anthony, what is the production date on your car?

You listed it as a 76 steel body car,
but Ferrari didn't start producing steel body 308s until mid 77.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
David,

The 100 North Americ

David,

The 100 North American version fiberglass GTBs were produced from May to July of 1976. Steel body GTBs were produced for the North American market during the rest of that year. European version fiberglass GTBs wre produced until the early part of 1977.

Barry

1 - 20 of 31 Posts