Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend batteries

Can anyone recommend batteries for these 2 vehicles? Need brand. size., etc. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some like the Optimas but I ha

Some like the Optimas but I have heard they don't last very long and fail early. I get mine from Sams club which are cheap and decent quality, just bring your old battery down and match the size and cranking amps, IMO you'll need to replace them every year or so anyway as the clocks and alarms drain them completely with in a month or so and damage them, or even if you unplug them they still drain so they eventually fail prematurely from not driving the cars.

I don't like the idea of trickle chargers as to fire hazards from batterys shorting out or the chargers themselves failing when no-one is around or at night.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had an interstate bat

I've had an interstate battery in my TR for 4 years and it's still good, and I've never used a trickle charger or battery tender. I do unhook it for the winter months, but leave it in the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Optima is going on its 5th

My Optima is going on its 5th year down here in (hot) Texas. When new (i.e. when I got the F355) it would hold a charge for 4 weeks, now I have to use the car ever 2 weeks of hit it with the battery charger.

In any event, you can increase the life of the battery if you disconnect the battery (via the switch), however, this looses the ECU settings, which requires (gasp) having to idle the car for 10 minutes and (gasp upon gasp) driving the car 100 miles for the ECU to relearn all of its settings. I leave mine connected, and hit it with a battery charger to preserve the ECU settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts