Ferrari Forums: Ferrari Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using a friends 1984 BB512i, SN 52935, the last one built, and which is a time capsule, I had "correct" Spal radiator fan motor stickers made. This took almost one year to accomplish because getting the right satin aluminum material for the stickers was a real chore. Also, insuring the correct lettering, spacing, etc. was difficult working from a non scale photographs. In addition finding a base material that would withstand the heat in the area in which these are located was a factor too. Mine have withstood a couple of Rally's and driving in Florida heat so I guess they work!

I realize that different year Boxers perhaps had different design stickers, but mine is an '84 so that's what I went for. I think, but could be wrong, the black labels with white lettering are incorrect and were used on later model 3 Series cars or the heater fan motors. Please, correct me if I am wrong. The center Air conditioning fan motor did not have any labels or stickers.

I don't believe for judging purposes, that points are deducted for the missing stickers which seems to be the norm. However, it's just a nice touch to have these on the motors which adds to the overall appearance of the front bonnet area.

Attached are pictures of the main label, the quality control sticker, and the "+" sticker that goes in the vicinity of the positive lead going into the motor. If interested, please PM me at [email protected] for more information and price.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Now in the market of fake box CPU packaging counterfeit technology is progressing day by day, ordinary consumers are mostly difficult to distinguish, but the radiator is not completely the same. Because of the make for work of radiator, use material, performance these attributes that relate to quality, cost also can know a thing or two only by naked eye observation, if manufacturer forges with genuine goods exactly the same, so consumer even if use as genuine goods just as well, but the problem is manufacturer can't do the thing that this kind does not have money to earn. So we have to practice a pair of sharp eyes, fake box radiators at most only at first glance and the real thing is harga wuling confero s similar to it, to identify them from the details than look at the package is much easier. Today we happen to encounter radiator of a tall copy originally installed, will be true and false below radiator of two former installed together to undertake contrast, do not cross broad consumer must remember the feature of true radiator, because fake goods can be changeable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts