Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear bonnet (engine lid

My rear bonnet (engine lid) release handle recently snapped in half. The new assemble has arrived and it has ONE very long wire cable attached to it. Does anyone know how it threads through and attaches to the TWO release mechanisms back there??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you look under the two rubb

If you look under the two rubber "bumpers" located on the frame, next to each side, by the window, you will see 2 steel tubes, welded to the frame, from where the cable goes through to reach the release mechanism.

there are 4 tubes total........one each for the regular release handle, and one each for the emergency release.

The other ends of two of the cable tubes, has to be right behind the release handle.

The cable is one continuous piece, with each end going to the repective release. At the handle, the cable is looped. These are not 2 separate cables, so don't cut the cable you have recieved.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Henryk,

I still don't g

Henryk,

I still don't get it... At the back of the new handle assemble the single cable is permanently attached. There is no provision for looping or attaching the other end... Could you explain further?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gary: I see your point. I wa

Gary: I see your point. I was going by a parts picture in a 1982 BBi parts manual that shows a loop.......obviously there was a change.

When looking at the latches, I notice that there are 2 cut ends (one for the reg release, and one for the emerg release), at each one. Hence, that one wire pictured, must attach to two wires somewhere.

I would guess that there is another "Y" shaped connector, connecting the 3 wires. It would have to be somewhere against the firewall, on the driver's side.

I will go out and take another look.

How long is the wire that you have pictured?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to see, but couldn&#39

I tried to see, but couldn't......too much stuff in the way. Sorry!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Henryk,

The cable is about

Henryk,

The cable is about 9.5 feet long. I might just have my mechanic put it in. He's installing a MSD ignition unit and coil very soon. The Dinoplex is acting up, so I'm getting rid of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts