Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..........

My name is Fra

Hi..........

My name is Frank Masiarz, owner of 1977 Boxer 23005.

The Berlinetta Boxer Resource at:

www.masiarz.net/bb_resource

was designed to provide information on Boxers and serve as a register. At one time, I had Boxer owner information in the register displayed for public access [names, serial numbers, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses]; over the span of four years, only 50 owners joined the register. Major security concerns among the registrants brought an end to the public register service and I removed the registration link from the site as well.

Still trying to decide the best method for creation and maintenance of a Boxer Register on the Web. Please provide some feedback concerning a format which would provide a service and yet not create 21st Century paranoia concerning identity and vehicle theft.

I have created a comprehensive owner questionnaire, which I can send to anyone with an interest in joining the register. I also distribute "Boxer Notes" to everyone on the register e-mail list from time to time. Please contact me either through the Boxer Website "Comments" link or through this chat site with your comments, suggestions and requests.

Thank you.

Frank.......23005

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Frank,

I have two suggestio

Frank,

I have two suggestions:

1) I would like to see the registration list with names, addresses, tele, e-mail, etc. I can understand the need for some people to protect their privacy and your decision. Would it be possible for you to ask permission for each person that registers if they would mind if it would be public or not.

2) It would be nice if you had some more tech tips in your site. There are a number on JR's site as well as some more on others that pertain to Boxers. I would ask the owners of the site about their potential use.

Just my 2 cents.

Drew Altemara

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
>>over the span of fou

>>over the span of four years, only 50 owners joined the register.<<

Frank, in all honesty that's alot...while it seems like "everyone" is plugged into the internet the reality is a very finite number of people actually use the internet like we do here for example. The vast majority of owners I know don't go far beyond using email or checking ebay. Even some clients of mine that are members here have never posted.

I see this as more of a life long endeavor that takes promotion and reminders along with the periods of watching the grass grow.

So just keep the faith and massage the registry as time goes along to continue building your data base.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Hi..........

Thank you both

Hi..........

Thank you both for the words of encouragement and advice. It is much work to maintain the Boxer site with updates and accurate information on the vehicles, after so many years out of production.

A confidentiality choice is a viable option for the Boxer Register members. I'm sure that, when I find a new Webmaster, he/she will be able to introduce that "button" into the registration form.

Keep up the good work with Ferrari-Talk.com. I'm quite sure that it is a great deal of work as well, and many people appreciate it every day !!

Frank.......23005

1 - 5 of 5 Posts